• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Not sure I agree with you about no Quade, I doubt he was ever a realistic choice as quite a step back, Wallabies have to keep as much as possible to forward planning I think.
Quade is a meme selection but I would still get behind it.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
7 of the 13 forwards from the Brumbies, Dan McKellar influence.

Absolute travesiity of justice that there is no place for Kaituú in the 23 in his home town match.

Sure fire way to alienate the WA fans even more, given the Bledisloe crowds they have provided Rugby Australia for what will be the second time in three years.
The 30 rugby fans in WA who would actually know Kaitu'u's name?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Would love to know Rennie's thinking regarding hookers. I thought BPA was playing well (apart from one lineout throw in the last game). Lonergan is good, but gets manhandled, I would let him develop more. I thought FF (Folau Fainga'a) was on the outer, was he even named in squad initially? Would have love to see Kaitu'u get an opportunity.
No. Nor was Pete Samu. Think Mackellar might have smuggled a couple of extras on the plane!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Ah the return of Pete Samu.

I'm looking forward to hearing on Monday that I simply don't understand or appreciate the 'impact' Pete brings by the Canberians after his 20-30 minutes of standing in the wide channels.

LL will be depending on Taniela holding most of the scrum weight because LL's body just hasn't had time to full grow.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Ah the return of Pete Samu.

I'm looking forward to hearing on Monday that I simply don't understand or appreciate the 'impact' Pete brings by the Canberians after his 20-30 minutes of standing in the wide channels.

LL will be depending on Taniela holding most of the scrum weight because LL's body just hasn't had time to full grow.
Id rather have Pete standing in the wide channels than Valetini, who is currently fulfilling that role and looks lost.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Well that team is getting there. Respect for Kellaway for keeping Petaia out of 14.

Aside from Longeran (who will come good soon), that's a damn good bench too. Wallabies depth looks better with Kerevi & Rodda home.
It is getting better, I believe, and due respect to eastman, I reckon Harry Wilson is a better player than Lachie Swinton, though definitely lacking form atm. Play Harry at 6 and I reckon we'll see him at his running and linking best again quite soon.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Would love to know Rennie's thinking regarding hookers. I thought BPA was playing well (apart from one lineout throw in the last game). Lonergan is good, but gets manhandled, I would let him develop more. I thought FF (Folau Fainga'a) was on the outer, was he even named in squad initially? Would have love to see Kaitu'u get an opportunity.

BPA apparently has a neck injury.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
FF (Folau Fainga'a) is as good a lineout thrower as any of the others, but he will need to curb his tackling technique to stay on the ground.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was just interested to see out of interest some of my family (couple of sisters0 saying they won't watch Bledisloe 3, really pissed that ABs were able to assemble and leave country while they (and both have businesses) haven't been able to work. See Aussies are pissed off that they waited until they knew there were games , and some kiwis pissed off that they even thought a game was more important than their staff's ability to work etc.
Talk about a no win!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It is getting better, I believe, and due respect to eastman, I reckon Harry Wilson is a better player than Lachie Swinton, though definitely lacking form atm. Play Harry at 6 and I reckon we'll see him at his running and linking best again quite soon.

I thought Wilson had been finding a bit harder this season against better opposition, and Rennie talked at the end of last season that he needed better footwork before contact

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Was just interested to see out of interest some of my family (couple of sisters0 saying they won't watch Bledisloe 3, really pissed that ABs were able to assemble and leave country while they (and both have businesses) haven't been able to work. See Aussies are pissed off that they waited until they knew there were games , and some kiwis pissed off that they even thought a game was more important than their staff's ability to work etc.
Talk about a no win!!

The win was to leave on bloody time. Fuck me your stretches are acrobatic.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Talk about a no win!!
Thanks for the update

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought Wilson had been finding a bit harder this season against better opposition, and Rennie talked at the end of last season that he needed better footwork before contact

would be a sound argument if it wasn't for the fact he was off his game v the AU opponents and was widely praised for his games v the Kiwis. Was also a resounding MOM by GAGR fans in the first test of the year.

I still don't know why he isn't picked over Valetini or Swinton.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
My issue with FF (Folau Fainga'a) is workrate. I had heard that the Brumbies were looking at helping him find an early release overseas as they want to focus on Lonergan & McInerney, though McKellar's Wallaby influence and his selection here suggests that perhaps it was more driven by him as opposed to the Club...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

What stretches? I not saying anyone right or wrong, just thought it slightly amusing that doesn't matter what people do they wrong. To be fair it was about discussion of watching the test tomorrow night and sisters (both rugby fans) were going crook that the country is in lockdown and special rules are made for ABs to go. It was meant as lighthearted how hard it is to please everyone, not saying anyone right or wrong.:rolleyes:
And there wasn't much to add to game plan as yet;)

Last edited: