• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fuck off with the 3rd string froggies, there first string isn't any better then the team they sent. I dont get why you keep banging on about 3rd string. we could say it was our 3rd string as well with all our injuries..
"there first string isn't any better then the team they sent"

Maybe but they left some serious talent at home

Better 9, better 10, better 13 arguable

Better locks arguably

What is frightening is the locks and back rowers they unearthed

Reactions: TSR

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The 'France are the best and have amazing depth' is straight up propaganda. They are just getting cnuts interested to sell RWC tickets. They haven't won the 6 nations since 2010 and went out of RWC19 to Wales ffs.

For a team who is going to win the next world cup and could field three different teams that would beat the Wallabies they sure do suck.
France went through a lean patch.

They suddenly have depth. And some real talent. They can beat anyone if they get the top 1% right. Always the problem though.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
errorquade_zpsde7837e6.png

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes Quade must start.

It may have been forever ago - but 10.Quade 12. To'omua is the best recentish 10/12 combo I recall watching. ying and yang. Allows both to bring their best. Throw in Kerevi @ 13 + Koroibete and you got a legit, experienced, professional and dangerous mid field with a wing weapon to unlock

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Yes Quade must start.

It may have been forever ago - but 10.Quade 12. To'omua is the best recentish 10/12 combo I recall watching. ying and yang. Allows both to bring their best. Throw in Kerevi @ 13 + Koroibete and you got a legit, experienced, professional and dangerous mid field with a wing weapon to unlock
2017 was a good year.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yes Quade must start.

I think that was 2013. 8 years ago.

I like both players, and I agree that was probably the last time I thought our 10-12 combo looked like it could be genuinely world class, but gee it’s a fair stretch to keep the faith of a successful re-union & yrs later.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Surely it made more sense to play Cooper in a match when the Bledislode was still alive? You’ve essentially got a free game now with no silverware on the line, don’t you just expend that on the rookie?

I’m not going to be displeased if Cooper plays, in fact I’d be more excited to watch him at 10 than anyone else, but it seems if Rennie brought him into the squad with visions of him playing he would have sent him out already.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
The RWC is only 2 years away. JOC (James O'Connor) is perpetually broken. I’d love to see Quade get a swan song but agree there’s little point. Our up and coming 10s are still to young. We need a solution.
I think we should have a look at hodge. Nothing to lose except an already lost series.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The RWC is only 2 years away. JOC (James O'Connor) is perpetually broken. I’d love to see Quade get a swan song but agree there’s little point. Our up and coming 10s are still to young. We need a solution.
I think we should have a look at hodge. Nothing to lose except an already lost series.
Two full years. Thats like 20 caps for Noah to continue to improve.

Selecting Hodge seems like a real waste of time to me.

But then there are still Australian mouth breathers calling for Hooper to be dropped and a 'real 7 to be selected' so :rolleyes:

tragic

John Solomon (38)
He played at 10 the last time we beat the ABs in 2020 with an outstanding performance.
Noah was at 10 the game before with what was then a record loss.
Waste of time or a chance to see if history repeats?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Did you actually watch the game? He wasnt outstanding at all. Functional maybe.

You want us to piss time away with a functional fill in on a dead rubber? Nah mate

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Have not seen one person anywhere throw Duncan Paia’aua name up for selection. Did they really just call him back from overseas to hold tackle bags or could he be an option at 10?

He is still only 26 so obviously more of a long term option than cooper and oconnor if he has what it takes

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The jury is still out on Noah. We need to go to the RWC with one experienced 10 and one or two up and comers in the squad. It makes sense to have a look at Cooper now. I’d play him off the bench though and if he goes well give him a start against one of the other teams. If JOC (James O'Connor) legitimately recovers then he comes back into contention. JOC (James O'Connor) is the first choice to fill that role in the squad as he can play 12, 13 and 15 as well.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Quade could be a sensation with an old head on his shoulders as well as its possible he is not still up to it. Its going to be crazy entertaining to watch him try and find out.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really, really good 7 & if Foster were to pick him there & make him stand-in captain I'd have no problem with that. But he's not an 8 (nor a 6) & that's my problem with Foster as a selector, instead of picking the best player in each position in some cases he wants the best player capable of playing that position. Hence ASav at 8, AL-B occasionally at 12 & to a slightly lesser degree DMac at 15. In ASav's case I think his shortcomings at 8 are made more apparent by the way they're utilising Akira's strengths in the wider channels.
The way Ardie is used is pretty similar to the way Henry used Rodders at no.8.
Let’s not forget Ardie has played more no.8 in the last 2 and a bit years at super and test level than he has played openside. Right now he’s our best attacking no.8 off the base of a scrum. Jacobsen is a toiler and Sotutu is still learning.