• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How good is Sunday arvo footy at a packed venue? After the shitfight wrt if/ where/ when it would be played this should be a little more edgy than your bog-standard Dead Rubber Bledisloe.

AB have probably arrived by now - no Whitelock, Smith or Mo'unga due to the imminent arrival of babies; no Coles as his old man calves aren't up to it; and no Frizzell as his legal issues have apparently caused some visa issues.

All Blacks initial travelling squad:

Forwards: Hookers:
Asafo Aumua, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Codie Taylor. Props: George Bower, Ethan de Groot, Nepo Laulala, Tyrel Lomax, Joe Moody, Angus Ta’avao, Karl Tu’inukuafe, Ofa Tuungafasi. Locks: Scott Barrett, Brodie Retallick, Patrick Tuipulotu, Tupou Vaa’i. Loose forwards: Ethan Blackadder, Akira Ioane, Luke Jacobson, Dalton Papalii, Ardie Savea, Hoskins Sotutu.

Backs: Halfbacks: Finlay Christie, TJ Perenara, Brad Weber. First five–eighths: Beauden Barrett. Midfielders: Braydon Ennor, David Havili, Rieko Ioane, Anton Lienert-Brown, Quinn Tupaea. Outside backs: Jordie Barrett, George Bridge, Will Jordan, Damian McKenzie, Sevu Reece.

Match officials have been named:

Referee: Damon Murphy (RA)
Assistant Referee 1: Jordan Way (RA)
Assistant Referee 2: Graham Cooper (RA)
TMO: Brett Cronan (RA)

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looking forward to this, but have been al the time, as I always say there's not a game I don't look forward to. Actuall even almost more lip smcking is ABs are without the 3 most influential payers from the first 2 Bledisloes, so gives a few other boys a chance to step up.
Trying to guess team, wondering if they just replace those 3 or give it a bit of an experimental look with other changes?
Would think Scott Barrett will come in for SamW, I would prefer Vai'i on bench but suspect Big PT will get gig. Backline I wonder if DMac will start at 15 or JB so they got DMac as fresh cover for 10/15. TJP to start I guess.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Paisami and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) also on baby duty so not in Perth. Hopefully this means we will see both Rodda and Kerevi.
Who will be at 10? Not sure if JOC (James O'Connor) is there or not.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just been watching the 2nd Bled again, just because it's wet and I in lockdown. It actually quite good to watch when emotion out of it and did notice when To'omua threw the cut out pass that got intercepted, Valetini had his hand in air calling for it, think the problem was not the decision but maybe the execution of the pass. I have to say Hooper's game is bloody great geez he's got a motor on him! Thought for the ABs SamW, Nugget, and RMo were absolutely outstanding anyone of them could have been MOTM (along with Hooper), Akira etc were prtty good to. Thought Will Jordan did a lot of good things I hadn't noticed watching live, as perhaps did Tom Banks. So will be interesting to see line ups for next week.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Just been watching the 2nd Bled again, just because it's wet and I in lockdown. It actually quite good to watch when emotion out of it and did notice when To'omua threw the cut out pass that got intercepted, Valetini had his hand in air calling for it, think the problem was not the decision but maybe the execution of the pass. I have to say Hooper's game is bloody great geez he's got a motor on him! Thought for the ABs SamW, Nugget, and RMo were absolutely outstanding anyone of them could have been MOTM (along with Hooper), Akira etc were prtty good to. Thought Will Jordan did a lot of good things I hadn't noticed watching live, as perhaps did Tom Banks. So will be interesting to see line ups for next week.
I don't like Valetini out wide. If that's to be his role i don't get why we wouldn't just put Samu there.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Id stick with Noah.
Definition of insanity……blah blah blah. Hes not ready. Not fair on him if there are other more experienced options. He needs time to mature and may or may not end up being a decent test 5/8. I see that Noddys son has signed with the Reds for 2022. That will be interesting!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Definition of insanity……blah blah blah. Hes not ready. Not fair on him if there are other more experienced options. He needs time to mature and may or may not end up being a decent test 5/8. I see that Noddys son has signed with the Reds for 2022. That will be interesting!
He's been good, particularly against France. If you think the capitulation last match was anything other than an entire team effort (minus Hooper, obviously) you are mad.

I certainly wouldn't fuck around with Quade ahead of him. To'omua? fuck no. Maybe JOC (James O'Connor) if he's fit but is he ever fit?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
They'll probably stick with 10. Lolesio 12. To'omua and then 13. Kerevi

I'd give Noah the night off, start quade, with Hodge and Petaia on the bench :)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The only reason you bench Lolesio at this point is if there is someone else who you're pretty sure will be just as good if not better.

To me, QC (Quade Cooper) is the only one who even comes close to that - and he would have to be training the house down to even come close to that.

Last edited:

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can't say that I reckon Jordan has earned a spot on the bench, and certainly not in the starting XV.
Wellllll leaving all the other positions, You could have Lolesio and Hodge on the bench but that seems a bit too stacked towards playmakers with Quade and To'omua in my starting.

No vunivalu or daugunu so that would leave Ikitau or Foketi on the bench over Petaia. less verstaile players.

In my flawed fantasy land scenario, Petaia makes the most sense.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Load of crap, his ready, we do this every time, we lose twice in NZ, we decide hey these new guys will be better, we win the 3rd dead rubber and someone thinks its the second home coming of Quade, only to go on and see that you know what.. the best teams where selected in NZ, its just hard to win there when something on the line... White/Tate 9 Noah 10 whoever else is in for Pasaimi at 12 probably To'omua.

Unless JOC (James O'Connor)'s back stick with Noah..

P.S he won the French series with him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wellllll leaving all the other positions, You could have Lolesio and Hodge on the bench but that seems a bit too stacked towards playmakers with Quade and To'omua in my starting.

No vunivalu or daugunu so that would leave Ikitau or Foketi on the bench over Petaia. less verstaile players.

In my flawed fantasy land scenario, Petaia makes the most sense.
Nah, hate to be the bearer of bad news UTR, but Matty To'omua hasn't been a playmaker, hardly plays at all in test match 80 minutes, for many a year, and at least Ikitau and Foketai are in some sort of form, which can't be said for Petaia. Also too many "A"s in his name - would deprive 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) of some of his aura.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hunter was a No 13 before Rennie surprisingly put him in 12. Am I right? He is doing all right too I reckon, but if he's not there, then how about a look at another 13 in the 12 spot. Lenny Ikitau has played there at least in trials but I think he might have also filled in during a Super Rugby game. He looks like a 12 in the way he plays; he can set up outside players, take on the line himself and has a decent boot. Ikitau at 12 and Kerevi at 13 could just be a winner.