• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe my memory is faulty, but the last time Quade played regularly for the Wallabies he got sin-binned on more than one occasion for high tackles. Hopefully he's fixed his technique over the years, but perhaps a bit of a worry, what with how refs treat high tackles these days?
His gone to Japan second division where he doesnt have to tackle at all.. Im not bagging him, but really back to the future and bring Qaude back for a dead rubber where we might be able to win as its at home with 60 k ozzies and All Blacks slacking off a little cause of the dead rubber. I'd play Noah and hope it builds his confidence... I would say the same for Harrison / Carter / Donaldson if they where Noah at this point.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
What is it with Quade? How does he seem to seduce each Wallabies coach into picking him? Deans, McKenzie - perfectly reasonable choice. Cheika - well, probably had to give him a go. Rennie - really?

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
What is it with Quade? How does he seem to seduce each Wallabies coach into picking him? Deans, McKenzie - perfectly reasonable choice. Cheika - well, probably had to give him a go. Rennie - really?
Couldn't we say the same of Hooper.....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Can we give Noah a game in Oz this season against the All Blacks, this is always how we go, we lose twice in NZ and throw the baby out with the bath water looking for the next best thing. There isn't one.. Hodge is not the answer for 10 a back up bench 10 maybe. If its not JOC (James O'Connor) then its Noah..

Don't know why you are so pensive. Noah is not just the future, he is the now.

But fuck me, if Cooper gets a shot, wow.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The fact is he has an excellent passing game both ways and can see space on the field. He also has a decent kicking game. It has been the top two inches and questions about his ticker that have curtailed him in the past. With age maybe he is getting on top of these two aspects? No one can deny the talent.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The fact is he has an excellent passing game both ways and can see space on the field. He also has a decent kicking game. It has been the top two inches and questions about his ticker that have curtailed him in the past. With age maybe he is getting on top of these two aspects? No one can deny the talent.
The issue was always decisions under pressure. He always overplayed his hand under stress which ended up putting us in a worse position.

I always thought his best came in a Reds jersey where he had more time and space to do his thing.

Regardless, If he gets picked i hope he brings it. Would genuinely be thrilled.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Can we give Noah a game in Oz this season against the All Blacks, this is always how we go, we lose twice in NZ and throw the baby out with the bath water looking for the next best thing. There isn't one.. Hodge is not the answer for 10 a back up bench 10 maybe. If its not JOC (James O'Connor) then its Noah..
Well actually it was after his horror night in Sydney last year that the baby got thrown out, and then in fairness when the non-answer Hodge played there we beat them. Noah was understandably given the first crack at the role, but that doesn’t cement him in the spot, there are a couple hanging around in the wings that will be given an opportunity in due course.

Last edited:

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Quade can probably - run faster then noah, stronger then noah, pass better then noah, kick better then noah, have better vision then noah, have better communication then noah and have better decision making skills and experience then noah.

Yeh I wouldn't pick him either.

This is a massive over exaggeration, but I REALLY don't think Noah is all that special. He is like Foley lite, without the initial 7s experience. Not that fast, not a great step, doesn't pick great options, doesn't have a big boot, a big pass or an accurate pass, isn't that strong or dynamic. He's just....a guy that players 10 at a time in australia rugby where we either have experienced guys overseas or 20/21 year olds starting. Some of these things will develop, some won't. Our best playmakers, and other ball playing type players (JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale for example) KILLED it when they were Noahs age.

We were stacked with Quade, Lealiifano and Foley all overlapping....but all the developing guys they brought through under them were ditched pretty quick - Mcintyre, Green, Jooste, Mcgregor, can you help name some more? We can either pick JOC (James O'Connor), Foley or Quade all about 32+, or we can pick harrison, lolesio or gordn all about 20-21. WHYYYY

I apologise, I just get sad about this decade wide gap in 10 development.

Even if Lolesio has to be our starter at the WC, he will be an average 23 year old instead of now an average 21 yr old. His backups will young, and leading the attack of 2 very average professional teams which will most likely have MASSIVE for/against deficits. Hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) will be fit and firing still.

I REALLY hope Gordon comes good because he does seem to have a bit more natural talent, in speed, size, elusiveness etc so I hope he has a fantastic 2022, because I'm convinced Lolesio will continue to be admirably average. No Super Rugby team or top tier rugby nation is going to look at Lolesio in a gold jersey and say....watch out for this guy.

Despressed, bias, 5+ year old thinking rant over.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A Christy Doran article this morning suggests that QC (Quade Cooper) won't be in the 23.

It's the most likely scenario for sure. Still, it is possibly the most anticipated team selection in quite a while.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Are you seriously comparing Quade to Hooper?:confused:

report.png

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I REALLY hope Gordon comes good because he does seem to have a bit more natural talent, in speed, size, elusiveness etc so I hope he has a fantastic 2022, because I'm convinced Lolesio will continue to be admirably average. No Super Rugby team or top tier rugby nation is going to look at Lolesio in a gold jersey and say..watch out for this guy.
To be honest, outside Hooper, what players do evoke that kind of reaction? Even Tupou has been pretty thoroughly contained by other top tier nations.

I think this is all part of accepting exactly where we stand in the pecking order right now. We have the talent to match our ranking.