• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues @ Force, 30th April 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalium

Fred Wood (13)
6/2 Split for the force is very interesting means some big minutes for the backs and heavy expectations from the forward packs to make a big impact

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
6/2 Split for the force is very interesting means some big minutes for the backs and heavy expectations from the forward packs to make a big impact
Another reason why I couldn’t be a coach (there are many reasons - lack of any Rugby skill at the top of the list!). A 6/2 split makes me really nervous. What if you lose 2 backs?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Another reason why I couldn’t be a coach (there are many reasons - lack of any Rugby skill at the top of the list!). A 6/2 split makes me really nervous. What if you lose 2 backs?
You have to lose three to be in serious trouble. Even then, your 20/21 is usually fast enough to move to 12. IMO its a good strategy against the Blues, where their forward pack is so strong. If you ask 6 of your 8 to empty themselves by 50 minutes you can bring on six fresh substitutes for 20-30.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
T-minus f*** knows for ignition sequence start on Operation WA 666 Blue Sky Ballsack Mining Bonus Point Boom Chucka Lucka.

Valves, stable.

Boosters, stable.

Weather's looking real nice up here Houston, all systems are a go.

giphy.gif

Houston:
"Checking command modules".
Coach Leon: "Guidance is internal"
Akira: "Stupid Sexy Kahui should stay on the bench if he knows what's good for him....."
Graham Henry: "What day or time does this stupid match kick off anyway?"
Akira: "It kicks off when I say it kicks off".
Captain Papalii: "Godspeed the vortex".

Akira: "F*** them all".

Thalium

Fred Wood (13)
It makes me nervous too but I think the big secret is who was picked, Prior and Kahui provide cover for any position that is lost in the backline. and the other big one is with Stander out you would expect Anstee at 8 but he has been put onto the bench as with his sevens background he could slot into the back line if needed i recon.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I like you GMR, when my team has a 6-2 split if you get a back injury early you get real nervous.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good to see the ref take a hard line with the kiwi sides. Too often they get looked after 6 penalties in 7 minutes.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jesus, here we go, more of the "us aussies are as pure as the driven snow and would never infringe"

"It's just the kiwis cheating all the time that's stopping our local heroes from winning"
They infringed 6 times within the first 7 minutes. Simply not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.