• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Brumbies Rd 9, Friday 10 April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Quadeland Reds and the Perth Somethings fading fast in the rearview now. The Coronation is back on track, mofos! Pretty weird watching the Blues completely suppress their Brotown B-Ball Breakout Blitzkrieg instincts, for the whole 80 minutes, in favour of the de rigeur jog and flop game-of-inches safety first stuff. Mustve been a monumental effort. "Must. Not. Have. Fun."

Havent seen Brumbies yet this year, looks like the AB's will have to wheel out the old Chain Pocock to Something gameplan, that being, run straight at the prick and take him out, do not let him be second man to the tackle because by then you are fucked. TO or penalty.The mark of the man that you need a gameplan tailored to nullifying just one man. Not the case for Hooper.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Havent seen Brumbies yet this year, looks like the AB's will have to wheel out the old Chain Pocock to Something gameplan, that being, run straight at the prick and take him out, do not let him be second man to the tackle because by then you are fucked. TO or penalty.The mark of the man that you need a gameplan tailored to nullifying just one man. Not the case for Hooper.

Pocock did play well.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Nic White

was hard to make him out through my blues-tinted glasses, all I could see was:

whitemonkey.jpg_zpsxdqqauie.gif

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The White issue for mine is the 2-3 brainsnap moments he has in big games. Yes he can do brilliant things, such as the pass for the Brumbies try, but I'm not sure if that's enough to make up for the errors, and I'm also not sure that that is what you want at test level.

Phipps is a known commodity, and does the same thing every week. He covers a lot of ground, he passes pretty well, never kicks or really tries any fancy stuff. He won't win you a game, but he doesn't commit horrible errors either.

That's why he is in front at the moment. That sort of game is much better suited to an NH World Cup in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.