• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Bulls R3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Everyone probably knows that I'm a Pat Lam and Blues fan.....but JEEEEZ!!! he's strting to piss me off!!

Weepu is your 10 - PLAY HIM THERE
Alby Mathewson - PLAY HIM!

At the very least, start deciding who is your 1st choice 10!!!

GO THE BLUES!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mathewson is the main culprit in your team's poor performance.. Get rid if him for Weepu. Start Anscombe. Tell Ali and Kevin to find a Japanese clubs now and start Luke at 7. Ranger is not a centre and has to be on the wing.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
How much of Mathewson's form is concern about having the AB half-back breathing down your neck. That's why he left Wellington in the first place. He won us games last year.....just let him play and play Piri at 10.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The form book suggests that at home in the Ring the Bulls should win, but you never underestimate Blues who can run every team in the comp off their feet. They usually do it when they have been really poor which is right about now so I am not feeling overly confident.

Their attack has mainly come from broken play which looks spectacular but both their first round opponents scrambled well in defense.

Problem has been structure in phase play where they have not broken the line that much. And the Blues forwards? Jeez that pack has lacked bite. Ali Williams? Seriously.

I expect a close encounter. The bulls will tighten up for this one and definitely not run as much as against the Cheetahs. Kicking errors will probably cost them a few tries but they will back their defense and the young Bulls pack lead by Pierre spies who against all the odds appears to have acquired some testicles will come fire and brimstone with the kitchen sink thrown in.

Bulls to inch home withing one score.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How much of Mathewson's form is concern about having the AB half-back breathing down your neck. That's why he left Wellington in the first place. He won us games last year.....just let him play and play Piri at 10.

The guy is a terrible defender and makes horrible decisions behind the ruck, runs it himself way too often and has no kicking game.

LoneStar

Stan Wickham (3)
I think Mathewson's benching was inevitable. He picks out bad runners and has no kicking game. If the forwards aren't going forward, then he's basically worthless - and if it's a wet game, he's more a burden than anything else.

Weepu is a much better 9 than 10. I think Hobbs would be the starting again at 10, but he's injured. Anscombe is a good replacement and has the right style to play against South African teams. A Weepu and Anscombe combination is probably the best for South African teams as they're the best kickers in their respective positions.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Watching Bulls v Blues live right now (coffee & insomnia don't fail me now). Great start from the Blues, capitalising on a mistake from a Morne pass.

And now a great penalty kick from the blues flyhalf going off the crossbar I think & then over. Anscombe has got the first try, the conversion, & now the penalty, great start from him.

13min in Ali Williams is binned for 10 for x2 infringements, one of which was coming around the side at the maul. Like the send off music "Hit the road jack".

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lucky you, no live streams online, Sky here not showing it, TV or online even though advertised, bah!

Watching Scotland v Ireland, not a bad match though!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ali Williams binned.

I hate to point the finger at him (well I do, I don't like the guy), he was also their worst player in week 1 and 2. Wonder how long he's got left, surely Lam is telling him to find a Europe or Japan contract asap

Did the TMO just say "Steve.. Steve-o"?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
How is Scotland v Ireland going? I backed Ireland.

I think it was the right call by the TMO to say that the Bulls did not knock that on, it looked straight down at worst. Lucky though could have nudged it forward.

Nice take at the line-out from Spies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Far out, a tight one. There up North.

5-10 to Blues here in Superugby. Ali comes back on. 23min in.

26min in Braid gets a warning, he's given away 4 penalties. Pinged for not supporting his own body weight but it looked to be like the Bulls player, Morne I think, pulled him down rather than trying to hit him to ruck him away. Penalty converted 8-10 Blues.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Now 17 to 14 Ireland's way still...Richie Gray just scored a beaut first try for SCotland after a barnstorming start of a 25m run, breaking thru 3 tackles at once and then sold a dummy to Kearney to plant one down!

Ireland just earlier got a try by Reddan after a defensive lapse close to Scots' line...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues have conceded 10 penalties with only 30 mins gone, shocking discipline.

Steve's being a little pedantic.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Trimble try after half time siren sounded, on the corner...Ireland 22 to 14.

Still have goosebumps after that Richie Gray try...what a first try for Scotland for him...

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sounds an good game Nusadan, cant get enough Rugby tonight or in my case this morning.

30min in Bulls with the ball. Blues have it back.

Had a quick change of channels, looks like I have ESPN so I have six nations available. I'm sticking with the Blues/Bulls. Need a split screen, watching two games at the same time would be interesting.

32min Blues penalty. Illegal binding. Good touch finder from Blues.

34min Blues convert penalty 13-8 Blues.

38min in some great attack there from the blues, going wide first then back to mid field then straight up, great continuation of passes to keep going forward & Anscombe goes in again! converts 20-8 Blues.

Thats HT.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
45min Blues keeping ball alive in attack well.

50min Both sides have had some chances in attack. Blues get penalty, its missed. 20-8 Blues.

54min Bulls get penalty 11-20. Close to falling asleep now, bailing, going to try to catch the end of the game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steve's a character

"stolen it, good work"

Young Anscombe is having the debut of a life time. Scored all his team's points.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Game held up at 62nd min, no change in score, Scots winger being motorised off...knocked out

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
WOOOHOOOOO....I take it all back - that's why I'm not coaching a Super Rugby team.

Thank-you Pat Lam, thank-you Blues!! The fightback begins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.