• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I have the commentary off because I am trying to study finance and he never goes above the horizontal. The player has his legs bent so they are in the air but if he straightens them he doesn't go past the horizontal

Perhaps you should stop studying finance and study a bit of geometry. Saili's head was below his torso

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No Donnelly slipped out and no Gill does not have to release the ball if he's not held.
Sorry Gwerty, once a player's knees have touched the ground he has been tackled and must release the ball before carrying on, I really not sure what set of laws you have read.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry Gwerty, once a player's knees have touched the ground he has been tackled and must release the ball before carrying on, I really not sure what set of laws you have read.

Um no that's if he's been held. You can go to ground on your knees and get up fine. So everytime a player catches a ball and falls to the ground he's not allowed to get up without releasing the ball??

The issue here is Gill was not tackled, Donnelly's hands/arms slipped out of the tackle he did not release him on his own accord.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I agree, I don't know why people judge the horizontal by the legs it's his back that matters and it was probably exactly horizontal.

Richard Graham sacked by Monday?
And this one I almost agree, his head didn't hit the ground, unfortunately once legs are in air the refs tend to be hard, and a suspension

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I reckon @qwerty51 is right on this one - he looked like he lost hold, so Gill not held as he went to ground so play on. These things are often very line ball in real time though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Um no that's if he's been held. You can go to ground on your knees and get up fine. So everytime a player catches a ball and falls to the ground he's not allowed to get up without releasing the ball??

The issue here is Gill was not tackled, Donnelly's hands/arms slipped out of the tackle he did not release him on his own accord.
A tackle is completed when a players knees hit ground and the tackler is still holding him, if he slips out after that he must release ball, mind you I think you just trolling here a bit, you can't find that all that hard to understand.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That was the most disappointing 40 minutes from the Reds in a few seasons.

So much dumb stuff to give away soft penalties. Getting completely shafted at scrum time too.

At least it'll be cheap to buy a jersey at the end of the season.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)

Listening to Michael Lynagh and Fitzy on Sky, ref's call was exactly right according to both. Lynagh said "thats the law."

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Everything's going the Blues way.
I knew the Reds win odds were too good to be true.
And as I type, the Blues get the bonus point.
32-0 with the kick to come.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This could get realllllly ugly.

It's hard to see any Reds making the Wallabies at this stage. Only Gill and Genia have aimed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.