• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Brumbies SF, June 11 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Was it him who kicked it back to the Blues with 2 minutes to go when they needed to score… ?
Meh that play was fine. It worked - they had complete forward dominance by then. Better to play field position and earn a turnover or penalty. They still had 2 minutes which is an eternity.

The only confusing thing was why they didn't stick with it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Fucken sour grapes whinging sook.

“There were a couple of calls there, when you’re playing at Eden Park, and an Australian team hasn’t won here forever and a day, you need a bit of luck, and we just didn’t get that tonight. There was a tip tackle, there was head on head contact, I saw Luke Reimer on the ball surviving cleanout directly in front of the posts of course I'm not going to mention any of the calls that DID go our way as that doesn't fit my victim agenda and I especially won't mention Ref O'Qweef ignoring all our pricks joining our 6,000 rolling mauls from in front of the ball carriers, plus the fucken things stopping and starting again as we see fit and never getting pulled up, ffs, that's where 100% of our points come from and we're fucked without the rolling maul so I just won't mention that little referreeing fuckup here in my epic toy toss. I reckon me and my captain Alalaatoa deserve an apology from the ref for not giving us every single call and allowing us to cheat our way to the tryline with the only tactic that works for us it's not fair mummy it's just not fair".

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Fucken sour grapes whinging sook.
“There were a couple of calls there, when you’re playing at Eden Park, and an Australian team hasn’t won here forever and a day, you need a bit of luck, and we just didn’t get that tonight. There was a tip tackle, there was head on head contact, I saw Luke Reimer on the ball surviving cleanout directly in front of the posts of course I'm not going to mention any of the calls that DID go our way as that doesn't fit my victim agenda and I especially won't mention Ref O'Qweef ignoring all our pricks joining our 6,000 rolling mauls from in front of the ball carriers, plus the fucken things stopping and starting again as we see fit and never getting pulled up, ffs, that's where 100% of our points come from and we're fucked without the rolling maul so I just won't mention that little referreeing fuckup here in my epic toy toss. I reckon me and my captain Alalaatoa deserve an apology from the ref for not giving us every single call and allowing us to cheat our way to the tryline with the only tactic that works for us it's not fair mummy it's just not fair".

So to summarise, you are saying the Brumbies shouldn't have done what we all know what they were going to do as the Blues were to shite to stop it. It not fair Mummy, Daddy, I told them they were mean and its not fair!

Woah! Gee, I am guessing the NZRU bought and "Blues success square up plan" is making you feel a little fragile having after getting lucky twice against the wild horses; just.

You are going to be having nightmares about that Saders maul all week now!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So to summarise, you are saying the Brumbies shouldn't have done what we all know what they were going to do as the Blues were to shite to stop it.
miss-the-point-missing-the-point.gif

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
There was also a key moment, where one of our players was held-up because he dived over a ruck already full of players on the ground. That was just stupid, if he did some-how manage to get it down it probably wouldn't have been seen by the ref anyway. Not sure who it was, but its these moments where we usually are so disciplined that one individual made the wrong decision.
And had 3 on 1 in the backs out to the left

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The praise of Beauden Barrett coming out of this game is unbelievable. Not saying he was poor but he wasn't really a standout at all. He underplayed his hand well. Blues won on the back of Laulala and their bruising tight forward carries in the first half going up the middle. Blues kicked much shorter and higher which allowed a much better chase and catch pressure than the Brumbies managed which was very strange for them - they usually get their kicking tactics tight. I think the Blues coaches really outthought the Brumbies here, often the Blues declined to go wide and either kick or keep it in the middle as I think they saw the Brumbies over-committed out wide expecting the wide threat.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway has there been any citing for the yellow cards? I would be mildy surprised if there was, with how the refs are meant to rule on them but if he got it wrong there would of been a citing by now? Thought it was 24 hours, but not sure.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yep, we are still waiting for you to make it. You won so........?

Now if it was Gel going on and on I would get it.
I made my point already.

And it was so well made and accurate that I didn't need to go on any further as you all agreed with me as indicated by your silence.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I made my point already.

And it was so well made and accurate that I didn't need to go on any further as you all agreed with me as indicated by your silence.

I believe that silence is confusion…

I mean, why would a supporter of the Australian team with the worst discipline in the competition spend so much of their free time obsessed with the infringements given away by another team?

Is it… the vibe?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
They we setting up for an obvious field goal with Noah in the pocket. If Noah wanted it closer he should have called for more carries up the field, it’s on the kicker not the halfback. For me the timing of the kick attempt seemed a couple of phases premature not only from a field position point of view, but also time left on the clock. Even if Noah had slotted it the Blues had time for a restart, another 3-4 phases and it would have been the final play of the game.

Whilst I do agree that Noah shares the load of the blame, but would the same thing have happened if White was at 9? I don't think it does.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The praise of Beauden Barrett coming out of this game is unbelievable. Not saying he was poor but he wasn't really a standout at all. He underplayed his hand well. Blues won on the back of Laulala and their bruising tight forward carries in the first half going up the middle. Blues kicked much shorter and higher which allowed a much better chase and catch pressure than the Brumbies managed which was very strange for them - they usually get their kicking tactics tight. I think the Blues coaches really outthought the Brumbies here, often the Blues declined to go wide and either kick or keep it in the middle as I think they saw the Brumbies over-committed out wide expecting the wide threat.

I thought there were so may subtle things Barrett did that negated any pressure the Brumbies tried to put on the blues, he out-kicked us, his kick returns were all great, he made a try saving tackle, cleaned up lose ball, was threatening with ball in hand, he picked out Hooper with his line drop out, he was my pick for MOTM.

Funny you mentioned the shorter, higher kicks. I feel Barret's returns were one of the main reasons the Brumbies kick chase was not as effective, that one or two metre too long kick which usually doesn't hurt a team with a good chase hurt us cos of BB's (or the blues fullback) returning with interest (kicking or running).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought there were so may subtle things Barrett did that negated any pressure the Brumbies tried to put on the blues, he out-kicked us, his kick returns were all great, he made a try saving tackle, cleaned up lose ball, was threatening with ball in hand, he picked out Hooper with his line drop out, he was my pick for MOTM.

Funny you mentioned the shorter, higher kicks. I feel Barret's returns were one of the main reasons the Brumbies kick chase was not as effective, that one or two metre too long kick which usually doesn't hurt a team with a good chase hurt us cos of BB's (or the blues fullback) returning with interest (kicking or running).
and yet his droppy hitting the crossbar and then not managing to ground his try effort were 10 lost points. Still, I think the best wee thing he's doing is on attack, cutting back inside back towards the forwards at pace. It throws the D off bigtime.
A chef's kiss of a GIF placement

Status
Not open for further replies.