• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Brumbies SF, June 11 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
LOL he's probably elated at getting turned into a whinge meme too.

Maybe get all the uncalled truck and trailer maul infringements turned into sook memes too. For balance.
It’s not mutually exclusive
It was the wrong call and changed the outcome of the game.
Not to say the others weren’t as well but that’s a different issue all together.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Shit meme aside, that non-call was a pretty egregious error. Brumbies player timed it perfectly, and he gave the Blues an age to disrupt it. That's penalty to the Brumbies 90% of the time.
I thought the Brumbies over-egged the mauling bit in the last 10 mins. One penalty was only about 10-15m out not far off the posts - I was surprised a scrum was not the option.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Shit meme aside, that non-call was a pretty egregious error. Brumbies player timed it perfectly, and he gave the Blues an age to disrupt it. That's penalty to the Brumbies 90% of the time.
I thought the Brumbies over-egged the mauling bit in the last 10 mins. One penalty was only about 10-15m out not far off the posts - I was surprised a scrum was not the option.
MOM:
20220611_222508.jpg

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
F**king Beauden Barrett. Too good.

The Brumbies really took too long to settle into there rhythm. They waited till the last 20 minutes. The Blues did great to frustrate them. Big players like White look rattled. I think at the end that was the difference.

Proud of the fight back and getting it down to 1 point. Great game to watch.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
F**king Beauden Barrett. Too good.

The Brumbies really took too long to settle into there rhythm. They waited till the last 20 minutes. The Blues did great to frustrate them. Big players like White look rattled. I think at the end that was the difference.

Proud of the fight back and getting it down to 1 point. Great game to watch.
Yeah Lonergan outplayed White off the bench - first game I've seen him do that all season.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yes I agree it was probably discussed. But Noah isn’t a robot, he’s the flyhalf of the team and the player taking the kick, he might be young but he’s Wallaby and leader. He could have bailed on the kick or waited more phases.

He should cop the criticism, the same way if he nailed the kick he would cop all the praise.

I agree. The great players seem to make the right calls in the big moments. I also put blame on Longeran for passing him the ball when it wasn't on. Both of those guys in key roles at 9/10 need to be making better calls in the bigger moments. Hopefully this a big learning experience for both of them.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah Lonergan outplayed White off the bench - first game I've seen him do that all season.

I agree, although my last post I criticized his decision to pass to Lolesio for the drop goal, he was pretty bloody good apart from that (and I acknowledge if the 10 is screaming at you for the ball it would probably be hard not to pass).

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
There was also a key moment, where one of our players was held-up because he dived over a ruck already full of players on the ground. That was just stupid, if he did some-how manage to get it down it probably wouldn't have been seen by the ref anyway. Not sure who it was, but its these moments where we usually are so disciplined that one individual made the wrong decision.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I have England 2003 World Cup Final in mind. The Poms rolled it up the field far closer to the posts for Wilkinson to have a relatively easy shot … Lolesio should have done the same … he was too far out…

We were making ground and had momentum, it just felt too soon watching. Could have tried to put more pressure on for a penalty for a few more phases at least. It was a rushed decision in the heat of the moment I feel.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Also, I think Sio's form is firmly back. I think he has outplayed Slipper in his last 4-5 games. Sio's really making impact into contact. His turnover this game was a beaut too. He will be missed next year. I hope he stays in Aus.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Same can be said of Simone. He's looking so good this year. If he ever earned one final shot at the wallabies 12 it would be now. His physicality and defence would be an asset at test level and I feel he's reduced his little errors and poor decisions. It's a shame he's heading overseas, could have been a bit of a redemption story after his less then impressive games for the wobs.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Same can be said of Simone. He's looking so good this year. If he ever earned one final shot at the wallabies 12 it would be now. His physicality and defence would be an asset at test level and I feel he's reduced his little errors and poor decisions. It's a shame he's heading overseas, could have been a bit of a redemption story after his less then impressive games for the wobs.
He had one bad game where he and Lolesio were fed to the wolves in Sydney. He looked fine off the bench against Argentina.

I don't see how Paisami who has been dogshite this year gets selected ahead of him. Particularly as Paisami should only be considered for the 12 slot.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
If someone wants to respond to criticisms of certain decisions and argue they were correct that is fine. The “what about x” line simply says “I can’t actually directly respond to your criticism so I’ll make a deflection.” All it is is being argumentative for the sake of it.
It’s not a defelction.

It’s a fuller context. If Brumby fans want to point at one or two decisions as if that’s what caused their team to lose, surely it’s fair to look at ALL decisions and ask how much they effected the outcome.

The reason the Brumbies lost is because they weren’t good enough. So talk about the reffing if you want but let’s not pretend that it’s the reason the Blues won and don’t be indignant when Blues fans want to do the same.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It’s not a defelction.

It’s a fuller context. If Brumby fans want to point at one or two decisions as if that’s what caused their team to lose, surely it’s fair to look at ALL decisions and ask how much they effected the outcome.

The reason the Brumbies lost is because they weren’t good enough. So talk about the reffing if you want but let’s not pretend that it’s the reason the Blues won and don’t be indignant when Blues fans want to do the same.
I don't know how you haven't been banned. You only come on here to troll after a loss.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I agree. The great players seem to make the right calls in the big moments. I also put blame on Longeran for passing him the ball when it wasn't on. Both of those guys in key roles at 9/10 need to be making better calls in the bigger moments. Hopefully this a big learning experience for both of them.
They we setting up for an obvious field goal with Noah in the pocket. If Noah wanted it closer he should have called for more carries up the field, it’s on the kicker not the halfback. For me the timing of the kick attempt seemed a couple of phases premature not only from a field position point of view, but also time left on the clock. Even if Noah had slotted it the Blues had time for a restart, another 3-4 phases and it would have been the final play of the game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Watched the game with my hard-core league fan bro-in-law & even he could see Brums were setting up for the DG too far out (& with too much time on the clock in his opinion, I thought time wasn't that much of an issue).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
There was also a key moment, where one of our players was held-up because he dived over a ruck already full of players on the ground. That was just stupid, if he did some-how manage to get it down it probably wouldn't have been seen by the ref anyway. Not sure who it was, but its these moments where we usually are so disciplined that one individual made the wrong decision.
Neville and it was dumb ...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Classy huh, and not appearing to make excuses at all:D:D. Probably mate the worst thing when these posts are made (and not just by Aussie fans) it can give the impression that a lot of that group are poor sportsmen, and not fair on many many more supporters from that group are.
And I say it of NZ team fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.