• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Brumbies SF, June 11 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Possibly the most backhanded compliments in GAGR forii history.

Been thinking that too but was too scared to say it in case I got yelled at.

FFS if the Wobs copy the ACT gameplan I will cheer for the stupid bloody POMS.
Brumbies are boring but what's the alternative? Spose they could go down by 60 points flinging it about playing a game plan well beyond their capabilities like the Tahs?

The Blues were obviously so much better in open play so why would they play into that? You fluffybunnys apparently have infinite money and have bought all the best backline fluffybunnys in NZ bar Will Jordan. Definitely a good idea to play away from that.

IMO they didnt play away from it enough. Some of those kicks that didnt find touch were criminal.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
The last play of the match was delicious in it's irony.
Tonight's game illustrated again that the Brumbies have just about the strongest bench in the whole competition. And their game plan which comes in for a lot of criticism here, is ideal for playing finals rugby. Should also translate successfully to the Wallabies.
I disagree. The gameplan of cynical infringements as a defensive tactic while solid in club and provincial matches is not and has not worked well for the Australians in the last couple of years.

As indicated by how often we have players sent off for repeated infringements and how lopsided the penalty counts have been. The quality of refereeing is higher in test rugby and therefore we get pantsed in the penalty count.

*happy to be proven wrong on that count though (as I will always go for the Wallabies).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The blues might not be able to put a squad out next when they look at the amount of grubby dodgy play they did and they get bans.
Well I guess you have to care who wins an all kiwi final…care factor zero here and may at best watch the 2 minutes stan highlights package (thanks Stan as progress as allowed me to watch 2 minutes of all kiwi final would otherwise not watch).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The last play of the match was delicious in it's irony.

I disagree. The gameplan of cynical infringements as a defensive tactic while solid in club and provincial matches is not and has not worked well for the Australians in the last couple of years.

As indicated by how often we have players sent off for repeated infringements and how lopsided the penalty counts have been. The quality of refereeing is higher in test rugby and therefore we get pantsed in the penalty count.

*happy to be proven wrong on that count though (as I will always go for the Wallabies).
You keep saying this doesn't make it true..

Even tonight, Blues more penalised team, and two yellows.. last week same for the mildly breeze canes.

Winning the physical contest is the game plan not cynical penalties.

But hey we could take the Reds dumb yellow cards and most penalised game plan... That's smart...

Rather go out having a crack then fade with a light wimper..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I guess you have to care who wins an all kiwi final…care factor zero here and may at best watch the 2 minutes stan highlights package (thanks Stan as progress as allowed me to watch 2 minutes of all kiwi final would otherwise not watch).
I'm with you mate... Bring on the white Orcs

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
giphy.gif

masonic-art.jpg

The Bespoke Eye Of Gunston guides Coach Leon as he strides towards the waters upon which he can surely walk in order to access The Horizoned Ascension To All That Has Been Prophecised in The Book of Boomfa.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Anyone who wants a laugh should have a read of rugby forums, on this one a few Aussie posters are getting into how O'Keefe cost the Brumbies the game, (well DP going crook from Blues view) on SilverFern the Blues supporters wanting to crucify O'Keefe for helping the Brumbies (ie their maul try included Brumbies joining in front of ball carrier etc). It's almost as if we all see what we want to see!
I will add I thought there some mistakes made (in my opinion)no more than normal, and ARs didn't seem to call much, but bugger me I actually thought the game was decided by the players!
Your “calls went both ways” are so predictable and boorish

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Your “calls went both ways” are so predictable and boorish
Nowhere near as predictable as Shiggins thinking that any team that beats an Aussie team is full of grubs or the amount of ref whinging that goes on here when an Aussie team loses here. Oh....and boohooo - we won't watch the final now.

Dan is 100% correct. Blues fans see the terrible calls and non-calls against them as much as Brumby fans do.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Well done Brumbies. I don't think either team will trouble the Crusaders at home.

I feel a bit more confident about the Test season now.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shows your rugby care factor though, hell I watched Aus finals last year, I watch NH rugby finals. Hell I will watch WallabyPom tests etc But hen I don't use nic Rugbynutter when I really not. ;) :D
I will watch final as always, but we have one thing in common RN, I genuinely don't really care who wins it, neither is my team, and when missus asked me who I wanted to win I just shrugged and said whoever plays the best.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It actually looked pretty good and wasnt as far out as I thought.

Fucking Ofa out of nowhere. Onside too.
I couldn't help laughing Ofa got the charge down and was f***ed, he tried to chase up further, but had obviously burnt himself out in the 10m burst. Guess that's what's called desperation!

Status
Not open for further replies.