• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Force, Sun Mar 26th. Eden Park.

Blues vs Force

• Go Blues

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Go Force

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • they're both stupid

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Jailbreak Maximus El Stiffyrama

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I have limited interest in this rugby football match

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Come on okeef, force turn the ball.over. Blues go off feet in the ruck and paly the ball on the ground to win it back. No call.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Still think we keep taking Kalapu off too early. I don’t see what McCaulay actually offers other than being very very tall. At least Kalapu is a running threat

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wait. A clear knock on by the blues and the TMO doesn't want to look at it again ! Blues 12 clearly gets teb ball offloaded into him and he knocks it on into a force player which comes back and then the blues score.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wtf are they watching. Anyone else see the ball get offloaded and knocked on the pass before the blues try?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I get why they didn't see the knock on in the blues first try. It was touch and go and not many angles. But the the third try clear as day offload, knock on into force player and then blues score. Good luck winning against the blues if they can't even get that right

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not really sure how Funaki has got ahead of Nock in the depth chart. Hopefully this match is the turning point...

EDIT: Case in point. Second time today he walks right into three defenders and concedes a penalty.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I've noticed the Kiwi teams going back to cleaning out players way past the ruck. All the Kiwi sides are doing it.

I wonder if it's something coming from the centralised NZ approach where they have noticed the Refs are not penalising it.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Nice try Pulu. Tough conversion angle but we leave too many points on the field. Nasty hook on that Kuenzle kick.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I've noticed the Kiwi teams going back to cleaning out players way past the ruck. All the Kiwi sides are doing it.

I wonder if it's something coming from the centralised NZ approach where they have noticed the Refs are not penalising it.
Yeah they tie up defenders which creates holes for their runners.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Nice try Pulu. Tough conversion angle but we leave too many points on the field. Nasty hook on that Kuenzle kick.
I like kunzuel. But he cost us that bonus point last week missing a sitter as well. He has missed 7 tonight and we prob would have taken 3 at the end of the first half if we had a good kicker on. Potentially 10 points left out there

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah they tie up defenders which creates holes for their runners.
The refs used to ping it all the time. They don't even look at it now. I've seen the Kiwi teams score a few trys oppening up the hole doing it already this year

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How are we losing by 20 but it feels like the score should be within a converted try.

I would like to see the force not let this score get any worse. That would be a sign of progression. If they give up and end up losing by 30 it would be a real shame. I feel that if the force took their chances this game was really on for them.
Blues have had plenty of handling errors but can't underestimate the forces defence