• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Eden Park Friday , 7.05.
Ok first game by Aussie team in NZ, are Blues going to get up for this?
I know we like games early in NZ in winter, just wonder if 7.45-8.00 pm wouldn't be better for crowd on a Friday?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
It's a horrible time for me, will be in traffic and waiting on Friday dinner for the first half.

Will be interesting to see how the Rebels back up from last week, hopefully To'omua is back and starts at 12.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd like to see Plumtree get a run for the Blues. Might be tricky to start with Akira returning to blindside, but could try him at lock or at least have him on the bench. Also selecting any hookers not called Ricky Riccitelli. Fuck it. They don't even need to be hookers. Chuck a prop or Clarke in there ahead of him for all I care.

Otherwise I predict the Blues will again do the minimum to get by. All part of a cunning plan to conserve energy so they can go all in from the Reds match onwards, and properly get stuck back into cnuts like they did to the Chiefs and Crusaders.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It's a horrible time for me, will be in traffic and waiting on Friday dinner for the first half.

Will be interesting to see how the Rebels back up from last week, hopefully To'omua is back and starts at 12.
Yeah almost impossible to watch unless WFH. Which I guess means I'm WFH.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
I fear for the Rebels that the blues may have a point to make after the game against the Force. But I’m quietly confident the Rebels can get the job done if they retain possession of the ball

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I’m quietly confident the Rebels can get the job done if they retain possession of the ball
giphy.gif

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Sounds like Perofeta will start at 10 with Beauden having an AB rest week.*

*The AB rest weeks don't make any sense to me as they don't seem to account for players having already missed games.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sounds like Perofeta will start at 10 with Beauden having an AB rest week.*

*The AB rest weeks don't make any sense to me as they don't seem to account for players having already missed games.
They actually not compulsary from what I have read, they voluntary whether clubs go with them I think it also used as an excuse to rotate players a bit. They need to give them a break and tend to use the AB protocols as the sign off reason. It not used when other players are given a rest.
Certainly haven't noticed Ardie having many for the Canes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All part of a cunning plan to conserve energy so they can go all in from the Reds match onwards, and properly get stuck back into cnuts like they did to the Chiefs and Crusaders.

Hmm, sounds suspiciously like they're *keeping their powder dry* to me...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh God, this from the Blues homepage:
Hello.

An anonymous unnamed ex-Auckland Blues assistant coach here.

grahamhenry_zps521dab57.jpg

On behalf of the Auckland Blues organisation we would like to welcome the following representative rugby football team to Eden Park this Friday night:

Melbourne.

Please be aware that the following is on the agenda for the Melbourne rugby football players selected to oppose the Auckland Blues:

- death
- murder
- hostility
- tears
- pain
- snot
- boogers
- snot and boogers
- abject humiliation
- shortness of breath
- feelings of discombobulation and disorientation
- near-death experiences
- multiple near-death experiences
- possible bowel evacuation
- dribbling incontinence
- mummy, mummy, I don't want to do this anymore.
- mummy, mummy, just make it stop
- mummy, mummy, where are my legs?
- decapitation
- defenestration

Please accept this as fair warning.

We the Auckland Blues will be doing everything within our powers to ensure your memories of the experience fit within the following parameters:

- OMFG that was shit.

- WFT happened.
- yeah f** that, I switched that bulls**t off after 20 minutes.
- f*** rugby.

Regards,

Anonymous Unnamed Ex-Auckland Blues Assistant Coach.

grahamhenry_zps521dab57.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
ps ffs OP if you're going to start match threads would it kill you to take 5 extra seconds to put some details on the thread title?

Lame.
Have to encoarage people to open thread Dismal, I was thinking of adding more to thread title and thouht naa f*** it!!

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
They actually not compulsary from what I have read, they voluntary whether clubs go with them I think it also used as an excuse to rotate players a bit. They need to give them a break and tend to use the AB protocols as the sign off reason. It not used when other players are given a rest.
Certainly haven't noticed Ardie having many for the Canes.
Not sure if it’s true - but in the Canes v Reds game the commentators mentioned that Ardie is the only player who refuses them.

Not sure how that would work though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Telea Rieko Ioane, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Caleb Clarke, Stephen Perofeta, Finlay Christie; Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papalii (c), Akira Ioane, Tom Robinson, James Tucker, Ofa Tuungafasi, Kurt Eklund, Jordan Lay. Reserves: Soane Vikena, Karl Tu’inukuafe, Nepo Laulala, Sam Darry, Adrian Choat, Sam Nock, Bryce Heem, AJ Lam.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Loss Bleus: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Telea Rieko Ioane, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Caleb Clarke, Stephen Perofeta, Finlay Christie; Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papalii (c), Akira Ioane, Tom Robinson, James Tucker, Ofa Tuungafasi, Kurt Eklund, Jordan Lay. Reserves: Soane Vikena, Karl Tu’inukuafe, Nepo Laulala, Sam Darry, Adrian Choat, Sam Nock, Bryce Heem, AJ Lam.
Damn, that's a pretty devastating team. Rebels on a hiding to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.