• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Boks vs Diveball People (Italy for some)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Schalkie out and back come Flo. Glad they withdraw him, not worth playing doubtfull players in tests.

Look like Witbank at least is in a test rugby grip despite all this poofball around the country.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Disappoiting performance by the Bokke. Hope it was the last test by Bitch in a Bok jersey, and praying that Bash (Grant get a change. Bitch yellow cost us dearly and we struggle to get in a rytm after that. Not to sure at this moment who I want in midfield but Jean also dont played well. Hope Bekker will be back , Matfield need a break. Scrums much better to last time.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What a big pile of crap this game was. PB, you have the wrong guy. Januarie was far more kak than Butchie.

That game showed why some of us complain about Januarie. The Aussies and Kiwis will take not how easy it is to put him off his game at the base of the ruck. And let's not start talking about his kicking...

Januarie was the reason the backline couldn't get going and if it wasn't for Steyn the score would have been closer.

They simply have to give someone else a start now. As for Butch James, I suspect that little experiment might be over.

Terrible performance across the park.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I watched 20 minutes in my hotel room waiting for more champagne to arrive. Januarie was seriously awful.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
News from Bok camp is that Matfield may get a rest in the next test, Bekker is back in camp with Schalk Burger, Mossie, Danie Rossouw and Meisiekind. Out goes Flip van der Merwe, Hargreaves and Maku. Smit will also be ready and Bitch still part of the sqaud.

This test will be the last roll of the dice before Snor picks his 26 men squad to go to NZ to start the 3 Nations.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Victor Matfield , Ryan Kankowski, Bjorn Basson, Bandise Maku and Alistair Hargreaves were absent on mondays practise. probable team, Aplon, Jean, Mossie, JdJ, Habana, Steyn, Pie Eater, Spies, Burger/Pakslae, Flo, Bakkies, Bekker, Jannie, Smit, Guthro.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
probable team, Aplon, Jean, Mossie, JdJ, Habana, Steyn, Pie Eater, Spies, Burger/Pakslae, Flo, Bakkies, Bekker, Jannie, Smit, Guthro.
Team for saturday
South Africa: 15 Gio Aplon, 14 Jean de Villiers, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Juan de Jongh, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ricky Januarie, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 John Smit (Captain), 1 Gurthrö Steenkamp.
Replacements: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 BJ Botha, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Dewald Potgieter, 20 Ruan Pienaar, 21 Butch James, 22 Wynand Oliver.

Hope we'll see a good Burger & Bekker show on saturday. Good to see Bekker back.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
JdV on the wing? Why? vd Heever should have got a run. That's a backward step.

It seems obvious that Januarie can do whatever he likes and he will be selected. It's a farce.

And he has missed the chance of giving Duane Vermeulen a go.

I somehow feel the rotation has been haphazard and without a plan.

Reactions: DPK

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
JdV on the wing? Why? vd Heever should have got a run. That's a backward step.

It seems obvious that Januarie can do whatever he likes and he will be selected. It's a farce.

And he has missed the chance of giving Duane Vermeulen a go.

I somehow feel the rotation has been haphazard and without a plan.

According to the Brutes site, van den Heever is injured and havent start practising. There are plenty that have been missing a change but Snor is working and plotting his 26 men Tri Nation squad to go on tour. My think for the squad is something like this
15 Kirschner, (Aplon as backup)
Wings: Habana, Aplon, Basson (Jean de Villiers as backup)
13 Mossie, Jean de Villiers (Meisiekind/JdJ as backup)
12 JdJ, Meisiekind
10 Steyn (Pienaar as backup)
9 Pie Vreter, Ruaan Pienaar
8 Spies, Kankowski
7 Flo, Potgieter,
6 Schalkie (Pakslae as backup)
Locks : Matfield, Bakkies, Bekker, Pakslae
3 BJ, Jannie Doep
2 Smit, Chilliboy
1 Guthro, CJ

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
May have the midfield positions a bit skew , JdJ, Meisiekind and Jean can play both positions and Mossie ypour spesialized 13.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Francois Hougaardt has joined the Bok squad in EL, look like he will be in the 3 Nations sqaud. Also Frans Steyn a possibility. Nic Mallet made 9 changes to the Italianoe team.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Great win for the Boks yesterday. Much better performance by Januarie. Look like the Bokke copy the double backline act like the Stormers did, not there yet but it do showed yesterday. Flo agian had a big performance and a deserved MOTM. Jean slowly but surely getting to his best and I like his cutting from Steyn to the inside. The scrums much better then a year ago and the perfect performance before the real rugby starts in two weeks from now. The Spies try from a Bekker, Burger cutting flippen outstanding. Some headaches for Snor picking his best match 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.