• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Ironically the Bne City colours of Blue & Gold are the same as the City (NSW NRL) side.

Wow irt Greene - how far has he fallen in the minds of the powers to be at Ballymore in 12 months - last year he was the leading points scorer in QPR and QRU colt of the year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah but I don't think anyone from the QRU was raving about him. Lots of noise out of Wests last year and Brothers this one. Wasn't in the 20's either so I think that's a good indication.

Tuttle and Third should be in the 20's mix next year. More quality 10's coming out of QLD.

T

Tigers Tale

Thoroughly agree Jets - iwould take Tuttle or First anyday, but Greene's goal kicking is a valuable commodity at club level if you can hide his defensive deficiencies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
what do we reckon team-wise?

15 Turner
14 Kurindrani
13 Kerevi
12 Tapuai B
11 Laloifi
10 McIntyre (QC (Quade Cooper) injured)
9 Mullins (Frisby and Genia injured)

8 Schatz
7 Gunn
6 Browning
5 Buchanan
4 McDuling
3 Talaki
2 Ready
1 Paraka

16 Mafi
17 Fagase
18 Kite
19 Rochester
20 Wilkin
21 Thompson
22 White
23 Feaunati

T

Tigers Tale

Reg - got all the Tigers in the mix with that side - but I think Frisby will be fit for the start of the NRC which will limit the chances of Mullins/Thompson getting much time in the #9 jersey. And then Genia is to return also - surprised Genia wasn't named in the country squad because the Bne squad has 4 #9s and Country just the two in Gale & Grasso.

I would have thought that they would want to maximize Frisbay's NRC exposure - maybe Genia will not make it back in time for NRC but surely he'd be busting a gut to prove his fitness ahead of the Wallaby end of season tour.

If say Gale or Grasso wer to be injured could they shift one of the #9s over to Country?

In fact is there a capacity to switch players across the two Qld squads?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would hope not. I think Mullins is there as he can play almost all backline positions. If he was just a 9 I think there would only be 3 of them in the squad.

Also Genia would be hopeful of a Wallaby return at some stage.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
what do we reckon team-wise?

15 Turner
14 Kurindrani
13 Kerevi
12 Tapuai B
11 Laloifi
10 McIntyre (QC (Quade Cooper) injured)
9 Mullins (Frisby and Genia injured)

8 Schatz
7 Gunn
6 Browning
5 Buchanan
4 McDuling
3 Talaki
2 Ready
1 Paraka

16 Mafi
17 Fagase
18 Kite
19 Rochester
20 Wilkin
21 Thompson
22 White
23 Feaunati

based on Queensland A and Queensland un/20 - I cant see rochester getting in over Kotze and Korczyk - also laloifi? I know he did well at sevens - but again I can't him him and feaunati getting in over the experience (super and international) of Vaaulu

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
based on Queensland A and Queensland un/20 - I cant see rochester getting in over Kotze and Korczyk - also laloifi? I know he did well at sevens - but again I can't him him and feaunati getting in over the experience (super and international) of Vaaulu

Agree with born-red. Also Wilkin selection was contentious at least. Mitchell would be my choice as both Browning and Schatz could play No 8.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Yeah but I don't think anyone from the QRU was raving about him. Lots of noise out of Wests last year and Brothers this one. Wasn't in the 20's either so I think that's a good indication.

Tuttle and Third should be in the 20's mix next year. More quality 10's coming out of QLD.
Looks like it may be Tuttle & Dalgleish as leading candidates...

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
This is my take on the starting 23 against Sydney Stars. Kotze was very good against Brothers. I hope that Thompson and Korczyk will get some playing time in NRC, Will deserves it for his consistency and Korczyk for his talent.

1. Paraka
2. Talakai
3. Faagese
4. Buchanan
5. McDuling
6. Browning
7. Gunn
8. Schatz
9. Frisby
10. Mcintyre
11. Kuridrani
12. Tapuai
13. Kerevi
14. Vaaulu
15. Turner

16. Mafi 17. Ready 18. Kite 19. Kotze 20. Korczyk 21. Thompson 22. White 23. Parker

T

Tigers Tale

Reg I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Frisby run out for his beloved Gallopers this Sunday. He would be itching at the chance of going one better in 2014.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I can't be the only one who rates Jack Mullins over Thompson?

I'd be selecting him on the bench, he covers multiple positions, but he is a great all round player that would provide spark late in the game.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I will probably get all the easts peeps hating on me for this comment but I thought Adam deck was a better halfback then Mullins after their games against uni. The biggest reason being how much more time Brandon had to do his thing when deck was at 9.
You obviously don't win premier grade premierships without a good half though, as Thompson can attest to when he goes for his third in a few days time, so I am sure he is very capable in that position.
And his versatility is a massive plus for the bench spot

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think Thompson is a good half. He is an absolute bloody pest and always plays well against Brothers.

Mullins is a good inside-centre. Both deserve a spot in the side.

Phil Kite was outstanding on the weekend. A great battle between him and Faagese will hopefully emerge.

T

Tigers Tale

Has anyone taken a form line and tried to compare the respective NRC squads to come up with the favourites/top 4 fancies?

Status
Not open for further replies.