• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL

Frank Nicholson (4)
James H was at the Bathurst training day and I didn't recognise him at first.
He looks much leaner than of late and very fit.
I'm not sure how he fits into the current Wallabies, but you have to admire his team spirit and passion.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
TT, I think all Wallaby squad members were needed as part of the prep leading in to the Bledisloe and kept in Sydney for the game. From now on apparently all non-selected players will play NRC so I'd suggest there is a good chance Kev will be playing on Thursday night.

And I'd suggest fit players from the GF will be picked.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
TT, I think all Wallaby squad members were needed as part of the prep leading in to the Bledisloe and kept in Sydney for the game. From now on apparently all non-selected players will play NRC so I'd suggest there is a good chance Kev will be playing on Thursday night.

And I'd suggest fit players from the GF will be picked.

Agreed. This week you'd assume that the Wallabies will fly to NZ on Thursday and will maybe take one or two players extra than their 23. Everyone else should be released.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Will be at the opener this Thursday with a few mates. Looking forward to sitting on the hill again.

Tell yer mates. City have a good roster of 'Vegus talent. This comp will do that wonders. Be interesting to see crowd numbers. I'm expecting around 5k but if its done the right way that could grow.

No "we are red" chants, no endless sponsors being announced on the big screen over thousands of reset scrums, just rugby fans watching rugby in a stadium built for rugby.

Also can I just say I enjoyed that premier rugby final yesterday more than Bledisloe I. Had a Jolly good time

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I hope they get 5K. However given that the Qld crowds (amongst others) were very low for the ARC, why will this be different?

T

Train Without a Station

Eyes and Ears - better marketing and not called something shit like "Ballymore Tornadoes" for a start.

And QLD rugby is much stronger support wise than it was in 2007 when we were getting record low crowds.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Has anyone heard anything about Brisbane City memberships?
I have a mate keen to be a foundation member but neither of us have heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Don't think its on tbh. The game tix are 10 bucks, 15 for Adults... only four games... I just don't see the point of them running a massive membership operation on that.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't think it needed to be a big operation just an option. But then again I understand that it would be very low on the priority list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

RH - how many of you lads will need to pass a breathalyser test in order to be selected for Thursday?

Buchanan
McDurling
Parker
Thompson

Any others?

What do people think will be the line-up for Thursday?

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
not sure about injuries but:

1. Paraka 2. Ready 3. Faagase
4. Buchanen 5. Mcduling
6. Kotze 8. Schatz 7. Gill

9. Frisby 10. Mckintyre 12. Tapuai 13. Kerevi
14. Turner 15. Vaaulu 11. Kuridrani

16. Mafi 17. Talaki 18. Kite 19. Korczyk 20. Gunn 21. Mullins 22. White 23. Parker

T

Tigers Tale

It is a good looking lineup but I would swap Turner & Vaaulu around and I think Thompson may pip Mullins for the bench spot.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
It is a good looking lineup but I would swap Turner & Vaaulu around and I think Thompson may pip Mullins for the bench spot.

yeh they were the two I wasn't too sure about. Someone has to cover 10. Not sure which one has experience there.
Same with Laloifi or Parker or feunati on bench - pretty different options

Status
Not open for further replies.