• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City vs Perth Spirit, Rd1 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
It's not been a scorefest like last season, but it seems to be higher quality than last season so far, defences just holding when they would have fallen away, no easy meters on the outside, kicks in behind being covered rather than scored off of, etc.

Fringe defending needs a little work yeah, but it's pretty good. Not had needed to do much defending, but City fullback looks good at the moment.

The second half still has to come. I think the last 20 could be interesting.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
They're not live streaming the Thursday games from what I've read.

Thanks. Rereading the GAGR front page article, that seems about right.

"As per in 2014, there will be weekly Thursday night match broadcast live on Fox Sports as part of an extended rugby programming schedule alongside Rugby HQ. Today the ARU and FOX SPORTS announced that the three remaining matches each weekend will now be live streamed on foxsports.com.au, as well as being available on Apple TV via FOX SPORTS Now."

Foxtel Go will have to do for now, until I can watch on IQ

T

TOCC

Most running in a rugby game all year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I (think I) read something about a special NRC deal where you didn't sign up to Foxtel but something separate and cheaper just for the NRC games.

Would anyone be able to link me or point me in the right direction for that?

T

TOCC

Honest question: in what is meant to be a 'Tier 3' player development-oriented comp, why does Higgers get a squad position and esp when he has zero connection to the Reds?

Same could be asked about Samo..

Whilst it is a development comp, I don't think you should put the development ahead of competitiveness. The competitiveness of the teams can also foster growth within the team by playing amongst better players.
Development of players will come organically as spots open up, over half the squad are club players without super rugby contracts.

T

TOCC

I (think I) read something about a special NRC deal where you didn't sign up to Foxtel but something separate and cheaper just for the NRC games.

Haven't heard about it, but you can sign up to watch the steamed games for $30 for the entire NRC tournament.. This doesn't include Thursday night games though.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

You can subscribe to Foxsports.com.au and it gives you access to all streamed content both live and on demand. It's currently running a $2.50/week special for the first 12 weeks and then $5/week from there on in. Just look at the top of the page.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Same could be asked about Samo..

Whilst it is a development comp, I don't think you should put the development ahead of competitiveness. The competitiveness of the teams can also foster growth within the team by playing amongst better players.
Development of players will come organically as spots open up, over half the squad are club players without super rugby contracts.

Got you there. Just hope NRC team design doesn't gradually migrate to get that balance you state wrong and too biased to Super players (so's to win more) so we end up as 'Super Lite' with lowered real new player development.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Haven't heard about it, but you can sign up to watch the steamed games for $30 for the entire NRC tournament.. This doesn't include Thursday night games though.

Yeah that was the one I was thinking about. Know where I could sign up?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bloody good start to the comp. Couldn't have asked for a better half really in terms of quality and competitiveness. I watched the whole ITM Cup before this one (43-0 to Wellington) and this game shits all over that. That was error-riddled, slower, one out hit-ups in the forwards and obviously not very competitive. So far the fastest pace game I've watched for the year. Interested to see if they can maintain it in the 2nd.

T

TOCC

I reckon this game will drop off in the second half, the pace is above some of the players fitness levels at the moment..

T

TOCC

Brisbane City scrum providing a solid platform for the City backline to attack from.. Samu Kerevi scores, no one was going to stop him from 5m out.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Are conversions worth 3 points?

TV has the score at 21-16 even though it was 21-8 prior to the try and 21-13 prior to the conversion attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.