• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City vs. Sydney Stars - NRC Round 1, 21/08 @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The big avantage the Stars have is their familiarity with each other and their structures.

Same goes in part for the Melbourne, Canberra and Force teams, but not as much as the Stars.

Rest of the teams are semi-scratch teams.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. Jeremy Tilse
2. Tom Coolican
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Andrew Leota
5. Ryan Wilson
6. Sam Quinn
7. Patrick McCutcheon (C)
8. Hugo Dessens
9. Jake Gordon
10. Stuart Dunbar
11. Henry Clunies-Ross
12. Michael Hodge
13. Jim Stewart
14. James Dargaville
15. Peter Betham

Replacements

16. Jack Jones
17. Aldy King
18. Tom Robertson
19. Byron Hodge
20. Matt Philips
21. Jock Merriman
22. Jonathan Fakai
23. Matt Kenny

Wilson

David Codey (61)
1. Jeremy Tilse
2. Tom Coolican
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Andrew Leota
5. Ryan Wilson
6. Sam Quinn
8. Hugo Dessens
9. Jake Gordon
10. Stuart Dunbar
11. Henry Clunies-Ross
12. Michael Hodge
13. Jim Stewart
14. James Dargaville
15. Peter Betham

Replacements

16. Jack Jones
17. Aldy King
18. Tom Robertson
19. Byron Hodge
20. Matt Philips
21. Jock Merriman
22. Jonathan Fakai
23. Matt Kenny

I thought none of the wallabies squad were available this week?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Peter Betham wouldn't be needed as cover, Joe Tomane is the next winger in line.

Everyone else is one injury away from being in the 23.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
1. Jeremy Tilse
2. Tom Coolican
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Andrew Leota
5. Ryan Wilson
6. Sam Quinn
8. Hugo Dessens
9. Jake Gordon
10. Stuart Dunbar
11. Henry Clunies-Ross
12. Michael Hodge
13. Jim Stewart
14. James Dargaville
15. Peter Betham

Replacements

16. Jack Jones
17. Aldy King
18. Tom Robertson
19. Byron Hodge
20. Matt Philips
21. Jock Merriman
22. Jonathan Fakai
23. Matt Kenny

That is not a bad squad from what was earlier reported. The Stars would have to change some calls because Talakai would know most of their plays. We have a lot to prove in this first game I would expect the Stars to come out firing.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Didn't Paddy Ryan get called into the Wallabies squad too?

Oh well, if they're surplus to Wallabies' requirements the more recogniseable players the better for the comp.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Peter Betham wouldn't be needed as cover, Joe Tomane is the next winger in line.

Everyone else is one injury away from being in the 23.

I thought Tomane was out injured.

Didn't Paddy Ryan get called into the Wallabies squad too?

Oh well, if they're surplus to Wallabies' requirements the more recogniseable players the better for the comp.

Absolutely, it's just they tweeted out this morning that wallabies squad members wouldn't be released.

T

Train Without a Station

Perhaps it's only the travelling party because not all 32 will fly over.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
There is a LOT of class missing from the City side: Gill, Browning, Buchanan, Genia, Cooper, Taps, Turner (?) all injured, plus Hanson and Horwill on Wallaby duties. Not sure the team named is that much better than the Stars. Guess we will see on Thursday.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think we need a name for this. The St Leonard's Syndrome perhaps? Clear evidence of the ARU favouring Sydney teams over QLD Teams. Two Wallbies released to play for the Stars but Horwill not allowed to play by the ARU. Tsk Tsk. Tranquility would be proud of me!

An exchange between a mate of mine and QLD Reds on Facebook. Deplorable! #JusticeforJames

FB.png

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Betham and Ryan were only injury replacements. The ARU didn't help them when rising kept basically their entire backline, English, Inman, Kingston, stirzacker. Almost all their contracted players are injured and if Briabane city can't beat them something is seriously wrong. They have 2 subbies players in the match day squad and your complaining that they have been given a leg up by the ARU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tip

A bit of a cop-out really. Just put Kevvie on the first flight over Friday morning.

T

Train Without a Station

Jagman what do you mean their backline? As far as I know they are only contracted to the Rebels and they play for Melbourne Dewar Shield Clubs.

I can understand the logic, they carry a couple of players who warm up with the team to all test matches. In this case Horwill is one. I'd be interested to see who else they keep/take. Will McCalman also be on the bench, or do they go with 2 locks in the case of an injury in the warm up?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Obviously just having a laugh lads but in all seriousness, I am disappointed that Kev isn't playing. First broadcast game of the NRC and all. With him and the injuries, I just wish it had more big name players playing.

City will smoke the stars anyway! YEW!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can understand the logic, they carry a couple of players who warm up with the team to all test matches. In this case Horwill is one. I'd be interested to see who else they keep/take. Will McCalman also be on the bench, or do they go with 2 locks in the case of an injury in the warm up?

McCalman was named as 24 in an extended bench so I'm assuming he'll be there.

I also thought that Horwill should play on Thursday night and fly over Friday morning but maybe they want their extra players there for the Captain's run.

Status
Not open for further replies.