• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City vs. Sydney Stars - NRC Round 1, 21/08 @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
He could've made the captains run. #justiceforcity #stleonardssyndrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He could've made the captains run. #justiceforcity #stleonardssyndrome

I guess it depends when it starts. I'd have thought it would be by midday which he wouldn't get to.

Depends when they're scheduled on Eden Park.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I guess it depends when it starts. I'd have thought it would be by midday which he wouldn't get to.

I think Link said the Captains run would be here before they left on Thursday. Leaving it as late as possible to get over to Auckland and apparently having a rest on Friday.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Link said the Captains run would be here before they left on Thursday. Leaving it as late as possible to get over to Auckland and apparently having a rest on Friday.

That would be highly unusual for the captain's run not to be the day before the game.

I get the flying over there on Thursday bit but it would be really strange to change the captain's run schedule.

T

Tip

Very interested to see how Kerevi goes at 12. Him & classmate CFS could well be the Reds centre pairing for the next decade

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
TWAS the Rebels are no more contracted to Rising than they are the Stars. The point was that there is hardly an ARU conspiracy in light of the fact that they didn't get anyone back from the rebels except for Wallaby bound Weeks.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
So is Weeks but that doesn't make him a Rising player. And he wasn't released by them. They can only ask the ARU to keep 16 players. This year they obviously just didn't pick injured players and let a lot of players go so they only had about 18 players remaining. I wonder how it will work out next year now that they've chosen which ones stay for Rising.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wallaby squad members from the June series were spread around by the ARU (which includes Weeks).

The Rebels selected their 16 Super Rugby players and then when no one wanted Meehan they got him back.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm just wondering how it will work in the future. Will they just pick and choose their 16 every year? Will future players demand to stay with their current NRC team? Or are they contracted like TWAS said.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm just wondering how it will work in the future. Will they just pick and choose their 16 every year? Will future players demand to stay with their current NRC team? Or are they contracted like TWAS said.

I think they'll get to pick every year. Players will be contracted to the Super Rugby team which includes the NRC side under them if it's the Force, Rebels or Brumbies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
So they will contract the best players from the NSW teams for the Rebels and then keep them. It's going to be a huge up hill battle for them. How can they compete with super rugby contracts?

T

Train Without a Station

Jagman, I don't understand how any Rebels players are from NSW teams? Considering these NSW teams have yet to exist in a professional sporting environment until tonight I'm lost for an understanding of how any Rebels contracted player is from one of these teams.

Or do you mean because these players once played rugby for a club rugby team as part of these NRC teams they have some sort of divine right to the services of these players in perpetuity?

That's like saying that since I went to Bond University that my employer has plundered Bond's professional talent and if Bond ever start working professionally in my field I should be going back there if they want me. People go there to get somewhere else, much like they play club rugby to get somewhere else (that pays them).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyone else notice that an NRL game has been scheduled for tonight?

I somehow think it is not a coincidence.....

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There was one on last week too @Ash. I thought it was a bit weird then but now it all makes sense. I would be really interested to know if they were originally programmed at the start of the season or if it's a recent change?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I believe the NRL leaves the scheduling on the last 5 rounds 'open' to some extent until mid-way through the season. Teams only know who they will be playing and where but not the day/time etc. Very convenient of them in this situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.