• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Jnr Club Rugby (U13 and Up ) - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Riverside looked very strong on Sunday, perhaps the talk of West/Kenmoreon and Ippy combined been a real contender for div one is a bit premature !

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Riverside looked very strong on Sunday, perhaps the talk of West/Kenmoreon and Ippy combined been a real contender for div one is a bit premature !

Not sure what happened here but surely it wasn't that bad. Riverside would be up there with the best they are current champions in this age group - I would say there wouldn't be too many in that Division that would come away with a win from Riverside at Riverside.

1st game up probably not a fair marker for the West team who probably had nerves and maybe 1 or 2 boys missing on duty at JGC, lets see how they travel in the next few games.

GO know anymore about this West side?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
58517197.jpg

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I see a Dinger Dong Battle going on between The Hogs and Logan for a Div 1 berth

They'll both be competitive teams but Logan may have the edge and will certainly challenge a lot of the existing or aspirant Div 1 teams

They too have consolidated some talent

Stan Walker 33

Frank Row (1)
Not sure what happened here but surely it wasn't that bad. Riverside would be up there with the best they are current champions in this age group - I would say there wouldn't be too many in that Division that would come away with a win from Riverside at Riverside.

1st game up probably not a fair marker for the West team who probably had nerves and maybe 1 or 2 boys missing on duty at JGC, lets see how they travel in the next few games.

GO know anymore about this West side?

Sounds like GO talking to GO.

Are you saying the QRRA is conspiring against teams so they can't beat Riverside at Riverside.......priceless.....

Saw the game, saw most of the Div One coaches there - yet again the basics through the forwards (and some of the backs) was the difference

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Actually ,

It was my supposed alter ego , Willie John McBride , that gave the Riversiders the compliment. And rightly so

They're a great team that will get even better. They are going to be tough for anyone to beat on any ground

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
T
Actually ,

It was my supposed alter ego , Willie John McBride , that gave the Riversiders the compliment. And rightly so

They're a great team that will get even better. They are going to be tough for anyone to beat on any ground
Thanks GO complimentry for both teams I thought. West will get better no doubt about that its just tough that they encountered the current champs first game up, had they drawn Bros or East maybe a different result, but now they have an idea of whats required to compete

West will get better

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hogs no more ?

Apparently not

The U14 Hogs will be back in the GCRU Pen this season
I believe they are now still in the fight. I imagine there are some on the GC that are aiming to disrupt their BJRU ambitions. Not too dissimilar to the knives and back-stabbing by club members of other clubs who didn't want the Bulls to go the previous season. Envy's a power motivator for some.

However I think others would argue that GC is becoming weakened by the loss of a team to Brisbane, but the Hogs have a 2nd team to play on the GC. And besides, you can't do much more to weaken an already weak competition.

Not sure what's to be done on the GC, league, soccer and AFL are booming and union is struggling, although the GCDRU always maintained numbers were on the up and up.

I wonder if GCDRU could follow the basketball model. BB with the lack of numbers have two 'rep' teams (Runaway Bay Seahawks & Gold Coast Waves) who play in the Brisbane comp. Players play their club rounds and those wishing to play in the Brisbane comp try out for the rep team in their region. Not sure how that would work on the rugby scene, but there maybe some merit to having a modified version of the basketball model.

But I do believe there needs to be a change-up on the GC, numbers dramatically die off as they get older which saw any remaining u15 teams last year having to enter the BJRU at different divisions due to lack of teams.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Sounds like GO talking to GO.

Are you saying the QRRA is conspiring against teams so they can't beat Riverside at Riverside...priceless...

Saw the game, saw most of the Div One coaches there - yet again the basics through the forwards (and some of the backs) was the difference
Jeepers! No posts on this thread for over a month!

Is it true they're calling Riverside the Breakfast Club? Just because they want to be at home at 8.30am every Sunday?

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
Very very quiet on this site.
Rep round this weekend?

Any thoughts on Team make ups.

East to dominate the Pink tight 5 and backs.
Riverside 5/8, Center and Wing could be the the only Riverside players to make the squad.

GPS Squad will be the Green Squad with the addition of 2 former Ipswich players and the Kenmore Full Back?

Any thoughts?

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
BC,

Riverside has more forwards than that in the mix I would think. They have only lost one game this season. Wouldn't Riverside be considered for the Blue team as per 2015?

And Wests Kenmore will get more than 3 reps in the Green team.

What's the maximum one club team can provide?

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Very very quiet on this site.
Rep round this weekend?

Any thoughts on Team make ups.

East to dominate the Pink tight 5 and backs.
Riverside 5/8, Center and Wing could be the the only Riverside players to make the squad.

GPS Squad will be the Green Squad with the addition of 2 former Ipswich players and the Kenmore Full Back?

Any thoughts?
What age group are you referencing

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
BC,

Riverside has more forwards than that in the mix I would think. They have only lost one game this season. Wouldn't Riverside be considered for the Blue team as per 2015?

And Wests Kenmore will get more than 3 reps in the Green team.

What's the maximum one club team can provide?
What age group are you referencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.