• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Jnr Club Rugby (U13 and Up ) - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
WJM,
I am sorry. I am referencing the BJRU under 14s
Thanks BC
Blue will be strong in this age group and in the 13s - Logan Saints Junior program has overtaken Sunnybank in performance if not numbers great to see!! Might be the impact of having a Junior Gold cup team.
In the 13s if East get the selection mix right with Riverside and East they will be a threat, but it would hard to go past Blue for the title with Logan being so dominant with the most athletic centers in this age group.
Not sure about the 14s, the GPS/West Kenmore sides would look likely after a 2nd place last year I believe, but Blue is my wildcard

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Well after the skill rounds ...Logan really look like a legit Div 1 team

The Hogs didn't look up to it and Brothers and Souths had their struggles but Souths ( surprisingly ) moreso than Brothers

T-bone

Frank Row (1)
Very very quiet on this site.
Rep round this weekend?

Any thoughts on Team make ups.

East to dominate the Pink tight 5 and backs.
Riverside 5/8, Center and Wing could be the the only Riverside players to make the squad.

GPS Squad will be the Green Squad with the addition of 2 former Ipswich players and the Kenmore Full Back?

Any thoughts?

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Taking nothing away from those selected in the u14s, there were however some surprising omissions from Easts and Wests.

I do think Boom Crash you set yourself up with that statement about Easts domination. At best it was going to be 50/50 and it ended up 59/39 to RVS. RVS also got another member roaming at Blue.

Can someone tell me what position that the RVS Blue player plays?

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks BC
Blue will be strong in this age group and in the 13s - Logan Saints Junior program has overtaken Sunnybank in performance if not numbers great to see!! Might be the impact of having a Junior Gold cup team.
In the 13s if East get the selection mix right with Riverside and East they will be a threat, but it would hard to go past Blue for the title with Logan being so dominant with the most athletic centers in this age group.
Not sure about the 14s, the GPS/West Kenmore sides would look likely after a 2nd place last year I believe, but Blue is my wildcard
Logan 13s dominant??? Interesting assessment. With only 6 teams in the div 1 competition I think it is going to be close competition. Just on last 2 game performance Logan went down to GPS by 5 and Sunnybank by 21 points respectively. Hardly seems dominant. I do agree the Green 13s maybe a strong outfit but being for the fact that being the strong region of Logan/ Sbank/ Souths. East zone will be interesting but again with Riverside dropping back to Div 2 after S/Bank beat them by 23 points in the selection round probably still reinforces how strong Green maybe. But Easts have been travelling really well. For mind the usual suspects of Albany Creek who have been again developing nicely will contribute to a strong Northside team aided with some experienced coaching staff maybe the rep team to watch in 13s. (IMO).
To also spice things up Albany Creek play S/Bank this Friday night at S/Bank who beat S/Bank by 2 points first round granted S/Bank played with 15/14 men for most of the game. S/Bank will be tough at home and have seemed to get their act together over the last few weeks with some great performances. Should be a great comp in 13s can't wait for the season to unfold

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
are you guys talking Under 13?

Blue is Kenmore, Wests, a bit of GPS and Everton park.

The Logan and Sunnybank players are mostly in GReen

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Good to see some commentary around another age group ( The U13's ) and what's happening

And yes , the colour referencing to region is correct

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Logan 13s dominant??? Interesting assessment. With only 6 teams in the div 1 competition I think it is going to be close competition. Just on last 2 game performance Logan went down to GPS by 5 and Sunnybank by 21 points respectively. Hardly seems dominant. I do agree the Blue 13s maybe a strong outfit but being for the fact that being the strong region of Logan/ Sbank/ Souths. East zone will be interesting but again with Riverside dropping back to Div 2 after S/Bank beat them by 23 points in the selection round probably still reinforces how strong Blue maybe. But Easts have been travelling really well. For mind the usual suspects of Albany Creek who have been again developing nicely will contribute to a strong Northside team aided with some experienced coaching staff maybe the rep team to watch in 13s. (IMO).
To also spice things up Albany Creek play S/Bank this Friday night at S/Bank who beat S/Bank by 2 points first round granted S/Bank played with 15/14 men for most of the game. S/Bank will be tough at home and have seemed to get their act together over the last few weeks with some great performances. Should be a great comp in 13s can't wait for the season to unfold
Hi Heavens game, my post was written on May 12th at that time Logan were the only unbeaten team in the Daimond Division (Div 1?), since my post they have dropped 2 games to teams they may have beaten previously.
The East team are travelling well I agree, good backline and a strong finishers on the flanks.

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi Heavens game, my post was written on May 12th at that time Logan were the only unbeaten team in the Daimond Division (Div 1?), since my post they have dropped 2 games to teams they may have beaten previously.
The East team are travelling well I agree, good backline and a strong finishers on the flanks.
Great to see talent across the region aye bud. Apologies for not noting when you posted mate

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
last-one-out-turn-off-the-lights.png

Status
Not open for further replies.