• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Super Rugby will be on GEM this weekend, not 9's main channel, with the Australian Open on. Wonder if it will be shown on the main once the Aus Open is done

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm keen to see how they go.

Yeah me too. Could be good I reckon.

If Cheika can channel his spacco childishly-exasperated coaching box demeanor into the booth he'll be a fucken riot.

Once he stopped running, Campo hasn't exactly been Mr Fair & Evenly Balanced either.....

Bugger the infuriating veiled biasiii of the Tony Johnstone's etc, much more respectable to just wear it loud and proud.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Super Rugby will be on GEM this weekend, not 9's main channel, with the Australian Open on. Wonder if it will be shown on the main once the Aus Open is done

No.

2c807d8f-54ad-4c8b-bf00-21f8e2ebc824-jpeg.12036

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeh I think it's a very Australian thing that we still consider only ABC, SBS, Seven, Nine and Ten as the core channels and unless its on them, it must be an inferior timeslot or show.

Pretty much all the breakaway channels are in HD now, and available on the streaming apps for each network. Turning GEM into the home of rugby isn't a bad thing, it likely means we will get some other rugby related programming on either side of the games as well.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So, what are the broadcast laws if it's done on the internet only? I love watching the mic'ed up players that the NFL does, my concern is the watchdog will get cranking if Stan broadcasts what the players truly say as little jimmy's mum doesn't like a few F bomb's dropped.

Ah fuck Jimmy and his mum

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Nick McArdle on Twitter stated:
- there would be a Tuesday night mag show on Stan to stream anytime;
- a weekend wrap show on Saturday night (from round 2);
- WWOS digital show on Thursdays;
- it is a work in progress.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah reportedly racing the clock to have everything good to go this weekend, might be some teething issues or two. Hopefully not

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah reportedly racing the clock to have everything good to go this weekend, might be some teething issues or two. Hopefully not

seems that way with what they are doing tonight with the bledisloe replay from last year.

was advertised to be broadcast at 930, seems to now be 10pm. teething issues perhaps. Looks like they are treating it like a live match even though its a replay

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
seems that way with what they are doing tonight with the bledisloe replay from last year.

was advertised to be broadcast at 930, seems to now be 10pm. teething issues perhaps. Looks like they are treating it like a live match even though its a replay

Yeah but if beta testing I suspect, and you’re right they’re broadcasting as if it were a live stream, even trialling it with their own commentators pre-match

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I notice SANZAAR still hasn’t yet found a buyer for the Uk broadcast rights for Super Rugby. Noting they were a massive windfall last time, that’s not great news . They said it would be sorted, but first game tomorrow and still no confirmation.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Join us at 2:45pm AEDT today live from Suncorp Stadium as we prepare for this Friday's Super Rugby AU season launch. You'll be the first to see our state of the art new Stan Sport studio for a new era of Rugby, featuring the Stan Sport commentary team. Plus, we'll have more to reveal.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)