• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Disney literally has nothing on it. It’s the biggest flop out of any platform

My daughter (13 Year old) asked for subsciption for Disney+ as b'day present - targeted at Kids from what I see but also can't put through our fetch box as not covered by that so she has to watch it on her laptop etc....

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Agree with your thoughts on "Rugby Heaven" on Tuesday nights. The best bit was when they use to cut to the newsroom with McCardle and the two SMH journos and they discussed player movements, selections etc. It's all a bit mickey mouse for me now.

My biggest issue with Stan is the lack of a "continue to watch" from where you were up to on the Sports channel if you stop during a game.

I don't really rate the Tuesday night show either, I know many do but I hate the matey banter of the panel and I would prefer just a hard core stats and tactics show that just tells it as it is. I have tried a few times and only get about 5-10 minutes in at the most.

I would have also liked to see a 20 minute (or more!!) program on each Aussie team to be broadcast each week, it could be as simple as a review of the previous weeks press conference, team announcement and a 5 minute skype chat with the coach as the team is announced.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If I'm at Stan I'm also introducing a live taping of the Rugby Ruckus podcast with Kimber and Turinui.

Fox Footy do it with their weekly breakdown/analysis podcast with Leigh Montana and David King, and I find it a good watch. Obviously it's not huge on visuals, it's just interesting chat. Would be cheap as chips to make, and they already have the talent in house.

And then of course you have a podcast to release as well at the end of it all.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Disney literally has nothing on it. It’s the biggest flop out of any platform

Only some of the biggest grossing movies in history, including everything Star Wars, the entire Marvel back catalogue, Disney animated and live action classics, a pile of NatGeo content, and a heap of series for kids including Bluey which is about the most popular thing going around. That isn't mentioning the shit I haven't seen, which is a lot.

Yeah nah, What a fucking dud.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ooh, boy, there are now some classic tennis games on Stan too. A great chance to watch the likes of Agassi, Navratilova, Borg, Lendle, Seles, Noah. Love it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok this is what he found or worked out
round 8 Reds /Brumbies 91000
wk 9 Force Tahs 74000
wk 10 Tahs Rebels 53000
Semi final Brumbies Force 87000
final reds Brumbies 207000
And haven't found the TT ones.
I think RN put one up for first round somewhere, but someone will put up some more no doubt, as if there was 93000 watching last night's game , that is more than the all the ones I saw,apart from final, which can't be right surely!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok found last weeks on media week 83000.
So super TT is not really going as bad as I would of thought reading here, once NRL etc started seems the only one that outrated last night's game is the final, and last week was only beaten byReds/Brumbie to decide who got home final and semi final?? Is that right?

And this was after all the doom and gloom merchants who said Aus teams couldn't win etc! Seems it not as bad as I have been lead to believe!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ok this is what he found or worked out
round 8 Reds /Brumbies 91000
wk 9 Force Tahs 74000
wk 10 Tahs Rebels 53000
Semi final Brumbies Force 87000
final reds Brumbies 207000
And haven't found the TT ones.
I think RN put one up for first round somewhere, but someone will put up some more no doubt, as if there was 93000 watching last night's game , that is more than the all the ones I saw,apart from final, which can't be right surely!
We know ex pat numbers give this a boost but this is short term as yes is ex pat boost. Paul Cully from his smh article covered this point well that don’t want to look at TT from short term perspective of boost from kiwi ex pats as oz not about creating a TT just for kiwi ex pats...

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Let’s see what the Brums figures are next sat night.

After looking through the data all it shows is that winning teams had a high viewership and losing teams declined as the season went.

Also interesting that last nights game out rated last week when it was champion v champion. Extremely small sample size but the first conclusion is that people will tune in if teams are winning.