• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Bill Watson (15)
The Shute Shield coverage was better when they just had the game of the week on free-to-air with proper production. As opposed to the STAN streams which are on par with NSWRugbyTV

Probably better for exposure for SS and Rugby as well.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The Shute Shield coverage was better when they just had the game of the week on free-to-air with proper production. As opposed to the STAN streams which are on par with NSWRugbyTV

Probably better for exposure for SS and Rugby as well.

seriously? it was one game a week hidden on an SD channel, and from the games I watched were never more than 2 sideline cameras for a broadcast that was costing the SS teams money to host.

Now every single game is steamed and available to watch in HD, including highlights packages and mini replays of all matches. The SS final had Super Rugby level production with at least 5 cameras and sideline commentators.

Last edited:

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I first got Amazon about 3 years ago and was surprised by the amount of good original content on there. Some really good pretty easy watch 'blokey' shows like Goliath, Bosch and The Boys, more recently I've also enjoyed Reacher.

Their original stuff doesn't seem as good currently though, but as many have mentioned, the Prime shipping is pretty much a game changer for anyone who shops online so I've kept the platform. Even with the recent price hike to I think $80 a year it's still good value.
I first got prime to watch The Grand Tour, and subsequently Clarkson’s Farm and James May’s Oh Cook and Our Man In series (all great viewing). But you’re right that now the biggest appeal is Prime shipping - I get the shits if something I want isn’t on Amazon and I have to wait for ‘regular’ shippings times. Can’t imagine how I’d be if we had same day shipping like many parts of the US

dru

Tim Horan (67)
seriously? it was one game a week hidden on an SD channel, and from the games I watched never more than 2 sideline cameras for a broadcast that was costing the SS teams money to host.

Now every single game is steamed and available to watch in HD, including highlights packages and mini replays of all matches. The SS final had Super Rugby level production with at least 5 cameras and sideline commentators.

There are occasionally some really weird opinions out of SS fans. I found it a fabulous way to get into Hospital Cup. A real gem. Something that I'd be close to consoling myself with should Super continue this train wreck.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Id rather be able to watch every game or at least my team every week than a pre match chat with our sideline guy Cam Shepherd, or the old Rugby Wrap with that Toby bloke on ABC where they’d give the schools scores from the week before….

I found myself watching multiple games a week and usually in the place of a Hurricanes v Highlanders before the Aussie games.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
How many people here have Amazon Prime?

I do, as it’s a lifesaver if you need kids stuff. Not bad shows either and their push into sports continues with the potential they may buy the failed Bally Sports in the US which broadcast 40 sides of various sports in their local markets.

They’re already heavily invested in Cricket and I wonder if it’s an option for Rugby?

I like Stan and would be happy for them to stay but just thinking of comparable services that may be able to bid as well.
The best thing is the price, if you get things delivered on a regular basis it is almost like a free tv station.

It also has some really good shows, Bosch, Reacher and Jack Ryan are great

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Id rather be able to watch every game or at least my team every week than a pre match chat with our sideline guy Cam Shepherd, or the old Rugby Wrap with that Toby bloke on ABC where they’d give the schools scores from the week before….

I found myself watching multiple games a week and usually in the place of a Hurricanes v Highlanders before the Aussie games.
Yeah I love the stan highlights for pretty much each game over the weekend and have one game on if I'm home. I know at least quite a few chums who do the same.
I did watch the ABC coverage but jeez it was dull. Started Louise Ransom's sporting TV career iirc and a few others.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Prime. $60 a year, access to quick delivery. Shows like Reacher. Now Rugby as well? I'd pay double. Maybe triple.

The only real issue I've got with SS coverage on Stan is the commentary...