• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cant they broadcast the Perth Home games for The Force just into WA market? Same for Rebs into Melbourne? wouldn't that make a lot more sense?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Nine have said it will be an add on, i reckon they'll be some pretty bargain prices in the first 12months as they try and lure people onto the subscription.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Question is can you just sign up for add on - I think I know the answer which is likely no. Ie get people to switch to Stan from Netflix and/or take on additional Stan sub

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
5 bucks seems light to me. That's only 60 bucks a year assuming people subscribe for the full year. Need an awful lot of subs to cover your nut and it doesnt leave much cash in the bank to chase other sports.

But if you have to pay $10 to sign up to Stan basic plus then the $5 add on - that is of course much more....

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Stan currently has three packages $10 (SD & 1 screen), $14 (HD & 3 screens) $19 (HD/UHD & 4 screens). It's being reported Stan Sport will be another $5-$10 on top of the current package cost.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Stan currently has three packages $10 (SD & 1 screen), $14 (HD & 3 screens) $19 (HD/UHD & 4 screens). It's being reported Stan Sport will be another $5-$10 on top of the current package cost.

So realistically $20 a month, few movies and rugby, sounds good.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Nine just announced Wimbledon and Rolland Garros content will be going to Stan Sport. Previously Foxtel.

Now if Stan can just get F1 and NBA I am all in.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

at 14 for HD you wouldn't want sport to cost much more than $5.

If the combined package ends up being more than Kayo 25/month package then that's a bit shit IMO. Given 5/10 Tahs games will be FTA and all Wobs games - id probably consider not signing up.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

If the combined package ends up being more than Kayo 25/month package then that's a bit shit IMO. Given 5/10 Tahs games will be FTA and all Wobs games - id probably consider not signing up.

Lots of Club Rugby to watch behind that paywall

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Stan will include movies and tv shows, whereas kayo doesn’t. And I’m sure that’s how they’ll market it.

but in the initial season I think you’ll be able to get free or discount subscription anyway