• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He does have a point about Stan though. Nine only releases viewer numbers to its aligned papers, we have no way of confirming them. About 100,000 watched the final on Stan. If I was an executive and it was 89,000 I’d say our rounding policy is the nearest 100,000. Stan and Kayo are opaque

When Nine are releasing StanSport subscription figures at an investors update, I don’t think they would be lying about those.. would be a pretty serious issue doing it then

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, Stan has had a bit of a mare tonight..........

The Force v Chiefs replay starts from the second half, and then you can only watch about 10 mins worth.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Really frustrating, I gave up and went to bed. I thought maybe just my internet but a mate texted me complaining too

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Was it just the Force/chiefs game? I tuned in to that one, but turned it off in frustration. Were the other games affected?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I gave up too after watching the first half of the Force game, tried to watch the 2nd half this morning but it still doesn't want to work.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I gave up too after watching the first half of the Force game, tried to watch the 2nd half this morning but it still doesn't want to work.

That's a shame, was great watching. Stan have done so much good for rugby, you don't want this to happen as people will turn off.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
SuperRugby Trans Tasman 9Gem
#REBvBLU 43,000 (Metro)

Not surprising, Rebels are the lowest rating Australian team and in pretty shot form, disappointing advertisement for round 1 of Trans Tasman though

Reactions: mst

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
#REBvBLU 43,000 (Metro)

Not surprising, Rebels are the lowest rating Australian team and in pretty shot form, disappointing advertisement for round 1 of Trans Tasman though

@Dan54 will be shocked as he thought it was great game for the casual fan to watch :rolleyes:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What happened with Stan, son said they lost theirs during Rebels game and a lot seem to say that Force game had streaming probs, is it just regional thing? As son said it 2nd time it happened for Force games?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
What happened with Stan, son said they lost theirs during Rebels game and a lot seem to say that Force game had streaming probs, is it just regional thing? As son said it 2nd time it happened for Force games?

It froze up a couple of times during the rebels game in the 2nd half so I switched to gem, tried to watch the force game & it froze pre the 2nd try & came back up chielf were down to 13 men & a penalty try had been awarded (dont get me started on penalty ties:mad:). I packed up & went to bed. Sent an email & got a rubbish response

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It froze up a couple of times during the rebels game in the 2nd half so I switched to gem, tried to watch the force game & it froze pre the 2nd try & came back up chielf were down to 13 men & a penalty try had been awarded (dont get me started on penalty ties:mad:). I packed up & went to bed. Sent an email & got a rubbish response

Shame to hear that, it's important I think that streams don't stuff up. I know people in NZ lost a lot of faith in streaming during WC.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Has Stan said anything after Saturday night? Been an interesting silence given this is a fairly predictable occurrence that I'd assume they would have a PR/comms plan for.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That's true, but it's easy to be responsive and engaging when people are having minor tech issues that would relate more to their own setups than to any failures on the part of Stan.

I don't want to get on their backs too much, but for a streaming service this is a pretty big fail. Just an indication that they have found the problem, it won't happen again would be nice.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
#REBvBLU 43,000 (Metro)

I still trying to get my head around these figures and don't know how accurate these figures are by OzTam who is supposedly official ratings
The opening match of the season between the Queensland Reds and the NSW Waratahs, on February 19, drew a healthy audience of 121,000 across the five-city metro market, but by Round 10, the weekly fixture on 9Gem was pulling just 52,000 — a drop of 57 per cent, according to ratings service OzTAM.

Now I understand these figures are just what I read on net and it was I think from The Australian, and probably a Murdoch paper. But id they wrong, why isn't one of Packer's papers responding, or RA?? If it right it would seem perhaps the rugby even on the Super Au is fading as other sports have fired up? So carrying on from that how well is it all going with Stan/Nine? I hope it goes well as I like what they doing!