• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Relevant... the vid is very relevant to our future...

Streaming captured record share of total TV time (31.9%) in the U.S. during the month of May.

Our resident Media-ologist @BrianFuhrer shares context behind the numbers in our latest edition of The Gauge: http://nlsn.co/6011zdeDl

FVYyEVbWUAEOTn_.jpg

Watch on Twitter
2:25 AM · Jun 17, 2022

Read the full conversation on Twitter
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref....2119267/page-40&tweet_id=1537471378626158596

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I notice the Japan test matches nor the pacific cup still not up on stan, thats a shame I know there is a sanzaar deal but i'd much rather watch Fiji v Samoa than Arg v Sco

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The one I hope they put up is England v Baabaas.

Envious of England getting a first hit out before playing us. We should have a warm up match against Aus A.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rare thing - I actually agree with Dan here. If it was indeed planned then the timing is pretty discourteous. Not the timing over a conversation - the timing over a public release. I'd be ticked off in the reverse. But then it is not exactly a public release, more like an unsubstantiated leak.

Yes timing I agree not great and is a bit poke the bear. But as you say it is a leak and really with media driven by news I won’t point fingers where it came from. As the cynic in me thinks media in oz also has slow rugby news week given no oz team in final. So I don’t think we should discount this is media driven leak. Sure maybe something like this might have been said but also when would be interesting…

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yes timing I agree not great and is a bit poke the bear. But as you say it is a leak and really with media driven by news I won’t point fingers where it came from. As the cynic in me thinks media in oz also has slow rugby news week given no oz team in final. So I don’t think we should discount this is media driven leak. Sure maybe something like this might have been said but also when would be interesting…
I agree RN, when you think about it who was the journalist, and how bad some of figures were, and how out of date. Then when Hamish was asked he wasn't going to say no, as it's almost exactly what he said when the Super pac series was agreed on, he said then it was for 2 years and maybe look at it again then, it was discussed on the site then. So as you say like a hell of a lot of these things, it starts of as media thing and takes a life of it's own.
After thinking on it if RA were going to leak stuff would they do it through Fox, or Nine? Still we will see in a year or two.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
As a Kiwi who's lived in Oz for 20 plus years. I hope McLennan is serious with this.

Club footy comp, interceded with a state of origin style rep footy to help the wallaby selection. Top Clubs or the States can form some type of Champions league at the end while the Wallabies do their thing. I think the commercial interests in Australia would be up for this and so would the punters as it creates tribalism at the Suburb/Town, State and Country level.

NZ doesn't have the depth in a commercial sense to finance their own comp outside of the AB's. (Heck all of their Banks are owned by Australia, the govt had to start another for the patriot kiwi and call it Kiwi Bank.) NZRU know this, and either way it's a good negotiation by the ARU. But hopefully ARU are serious and are touting it to Australia's heavy corporate hitters to gauge the interest, and if it has legs, they can negotiate from a position of strength with NZRU.

BTW the timing of the leak is perfect from Australia's perspective. The average fair weather Oz rugby punter will not be watching the Super final