• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Tdays Time extract: New ACT Brumbies coach Jake White wants to reinvigorate Canberra's premier division next year and use an extended Super Rugby season to get his players to commit to clubs in the capital.

White has taken the first step to revamping the John I Dent Cup by putting together an ACT XV to play in the International Defence Rugby Competition in October....

''We're trying to make it a prerequisite that you have to play in the Canberra competition,'' Larkham said.

''We haven't got to the details of it, but the plan is that if you play for the Brumbies you play in Canberra.

''It makes sense and it's easier to control their training if they're playing here and the other point is that we want players to see the Canberra competition as a strong competition and then keep the talent here.''

The Brumbies have used their academy in the past to help develop potential Super Rugby stars.

However, a decision by the ARU to run an academy in Sydney means the Brumbies Academy based in Canberra no longer exists.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...-players-in-canberra/2309077.aspx?storypage=1

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Eps

dylan sigg
pos: Lock
dob: 18/7/1985
h/w: 1.98m/108kg
manly local who won a competition in the arc with central coast rays. Sigg is a quality lineout jumper with international experience having played with parma in italy through 2010.

Scott fardy
pos: Flanker
dob: 5/7/1984
h/w: 1.98m/113kg
enjoyed stints with both the waratahs and the force in their academies before earning a one-year contract with japanese side kamaishi seawaves. Fardy is a warringah rats team mate of pat mccabe and former captain of the northern beaches side.

Scott sio
pos: Utility front row
dob: 16/10/1991
h/w: 1.87m/116kg
sio is a former waratahs academy member who represented the australian schoolboys through trinity grammar in sydney’s cas competition. A versatile front-rower who can switch between loose-head prop and hooker.

Ruaidhri (pron: Rory) murphy
pos: Prop
dob: 5/7/1987
h/w: 1.87m/119kg
irish born and raised, murphy represented ireland at under 19 and 20 level before being picked up by the exeter chiefs in the english premiership. A promising talent who loves scrum time, murphy is contracted as a foreign player.

Jesse mogg
pos: Outside backs
dob: 8/6/1989
h/w: 1.97m/88kg
mogg has been part of the brumbies academy for the last two seasons, staring in 2011 with a magic length-of-the-field try against the junior waratahs. Originally a rugby league player, mogg was a member of the 2009 brisbane broncos toyota cup team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dylan Sigg a Manly local? I guess he might be now, but he definitely grew up around Coogee/Bronte area. I played junior footy with his older brother.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Well done to the athletic Sigg for getting a gig when he must have thought that Manly team mate 2nd rowers Peterson and Neville had left him in the dust. Kimlin clone.

Fardy is a hard head lock ready to go but never sit next to his mother during a game.

Sio (sob) - come home son - I miss you already.

Murphy - just an EPS contract eh? He may be a good budget buy.

Moggs - Good fringe player with good rugby habits - hope he gets some time on the park.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Uh...what?

Jake White wants the Springboks job back.

In news that will stun the Brumbies, the 2007 World Cup winning coach has declared his intention to apply to take the role vacated by Peter de Villiers, after de Villiers announced after South Africa's loss to the Wallabies that he would be standing down.

“Being at the World Cup and experiencing the tournament has re-ignited my desire to get back into international rugby,” White was quoted as saying in South Africa's Cape Argus after watching the quarter-final in Wellington.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ks-job-back-20111011-1li0n.html#ixzz1aQNhM9Ww

If this is true, it's going to be one hell of a fuck up for the Brumbies with a future that was looking bright.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Uh...what? If this is true, it's going to be one hell of a fuck up for the Brumbies with a future that was looking bright.

Yes, saw that. Staggering is it not that he's proposing this imminent move back to SA/Boks rugby right after signing, was it?, a 4 year fixed term contract with the Brumbies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I think it's all been blown out of proportion to some extent.

Thanks to our friends at the Canberra Times..
Jake White has a desire to coach South Africa again, but the ACT Brumbies are adamant the former World Cup-winning mentor will not return to international rugby until he finishes his four-year tenure in Canberra.

White said his passion to be an international coach has been reignited by the World Cup in New Zealand and said he would ‘‘definitely put my CV in’’ when the Springboks job was advertised.

But the Brumbies have hosed down speculation White will walk out on the club before coaching a game despite reports linking him to an immediate return to South Africa.

Brumbies chief executive Andrew Fagan said he was aware of White’s hopes of one day being the South African coach again, but insisted he would be in Canberra until the end of the 2015 Super Rugby season.

‘‘Jake just wanted to make sure South Africa knew he wasn’t turning his back on them just because he was coaching an Australian team,’’ Fagan said.

‘‘But his interest could only be acted upon when he’s available.

‘‘He wants to be sure he’s not seen as walking away from South Africa and he would be interested again when he was available.

‘‘He is 100 per cent committed to the Brumbies for the next four years, but he wanted to make sure the South African public and hierarchy he’d like to one day coach the Springboks again.’’

White was announced as the new Brumbies coach in April and officially took over the top job in April.

The Springboks were the defending World Cup champions, but were knocked out of the tournament by the Wallabies in Wellington on Sunday.

Following the defeat, coach Peter de Villiers hinted he would no longer lead the team.

De Villiers has since backtracked and said he was not stepping down as head coach, instead he expects his contract not to be renewed beyond December.

White declared his interest in replacing de Villiers, but has told the Brumbies he would only be available at the end of his four-year contract in Canberra.

White led South Africa to the 2007 World Cup title.

‘‘It’s not a case of tossing and turning,’’ White said.

‘‘People want to aspire to the top level and that’s where you judge yourself as a coach.

‘‘....At this point in time people have asked if I would be interested and of course I would be interested in being an international coach again.

‘‘But at this stage I’m committed to the Brumbies.’’

White told South Africa’s Cape Argus: “Being at the World Cup and experiencing the tournament has re-ignited my desire to get back into international rugby,” White said.

“I'd like to make myself available for the Bok job.

‘‘...The last time [2008] I was told I didn't get the job because I didn't apply for the position, and I want to make sure that South Africans know I never turned my back on Springbok rugby and that I have always wanted to be a part of it.

“Whenever the job officially becomes available, I'll definitely put my CV in.”

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
Clearly he's got overexcited and forgot about small matters like contract law. Shows great commitment to the Brumbies!! What a twat!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd have to agree with Fagan here that for political reasons he would have to put his hat in the ring this time to make him a more attractive contender after England 2015. White hasn't coached anyone for 4 years and wouldn't be a viable option currently but if he has some success with the Brumbies then it may well be a case of the prodigal son returning especially it they don't win in 2015.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Clearly he's got overexcited and forgot about small matters like contract law. Shows great commitment to the Brumbies!! What a twat!

Relax. Jake knows he is zero chance as long as Hoskins runs SA Rugby.

He's just stirring the pot.

This is about the fourth time in the last year he has said he wants the job.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
OK I just read the article from the Canberra Times and that seems to put a different spin on it. I guess I was a little naive. I really don't anything about the politics of SA rugby.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
He's required to say he wants the top coaching job in SA, if he said anything other the SA papers would headline that turncoat Jake White has abandoned the republic...

Cleary he also still wishes to protest about his untoward treatment by the SA rugby administrators. Nonetheless there are many good contenders waiting for their turn coaching the Boks and the admin would give it to many before putting their tails between their legs and asking Jake back into the room…

We maybe seeing a little media management here with Jake, it will be interesting to see how he’s uses the Australian media with the Brumbies; Perhaps a little Eddie Jones hiding there.

I’m more interested in seeing what he can do with a very green team next season at the Brumbies… the Brumbies preseason starts again after the World Cup and the Brumbies will need very minute of it to fashion a competitive team come Feb 2012.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nice work by the SMH... I don't think anyone else picked up on this story at all...

And thankfully it took one of their partners in the Crimes to fix up their non-newsworthy story...

I think the whole thing can be summed up like this:

"White expresses interest to maybe coach the Boks again one day. White is with the Brumbies for the next 4 years. The end."

I welcome this attitude from White as I believe his motivation to want to return to coaching the Boks will be good for the Brumbies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Dylan Sigg looks good, very good, big with pace and good ball skills, a great signing for the Brumbies...

[video=youtube;2db1_Rcun6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2db1_Rcun6M[/video]

Dylan Sigg
pos: Lock
dob: 18/7/1985
h/w: 1.98m/108kg
manly local who won a competition in the arc with central coast rays. Sigg is a quality lineout jumper with international experience having played with parma in italy through 2010.

B

Brum

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this. Note in the interview he uses the phrase "at this point in time" a fair bit and also how he eluded to the fact that most coaches on shortlists for international coaching jobs are under contract in one way or another. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Brumbies were looking for a new head coach in the coming months...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this. Note in the interview he uses the phrase "at this point in time" a fair bit and also how he eluded to the fact that most coaches on shortlists for international coaching jobs are under contract in one way or another. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Brumbies were looking for a new head coach in the coming months...

Don't get roped in.

Jake White isn't coaching the Springboks next year for the many reasons already put forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.