• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Good to see some tah fans still have a chip in their shoulder when it comes to Foley....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Fucking oath we do.
If he had honoured his contract,the bench would have outnumbered the crowd by the end of this season.
How many Tahs players did not improve their form this year?
He could turn the AB's into also rans.
He has taken the Force from a low base,and kept them there.
You are welcome to him.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That's a good pick up. He's quality and he's at the stage of his career that he's ready to show it. I expect a big 2014 from Lachie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah, I have always thought he was pretty good, but he now has been at 3 different teams, I wonder what he has been lacking

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah, I have always thought he was pretty good, but he now has been at 3 different teams, I wonder what he has been lacking
I think that badly broken leg set him back a couple of years, and Foley rarely takes a punt on a young player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think that badly broken leg set him back a couple of years, and Foley rarely takes a punt on a young player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Foley placed cottral in front of him a younger player.......and he was already behind McCalman you know the wallabie

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies started pre-season training today.

A new signing in 'Man of Arms':

Pocock.jpg

Actually, it's just Pocock whose arms look to have gotten bigger, if that's possible.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
The wider training group or train over summer has been announced in today's Canberra Times sports classifieds today and I may need some help with who they are and what position they play

Les Makin - LH Prop
Tom Staniforth - Lock
Jack Whetton - Lock - son of Gary All Black?
Rory Arnold - Recently QLD Country and Griquas?
Tim Cree - No 6 and Lock
Michael Smith - No 7
Pat Sio - No 8

Rodney Iona - Centre
Matt Hawke - Centre
Mitch Connolly - Wing
Ben Johnson - Full Back

Carl Elliott - Unknown
Jack Pinchen - Unknown
Dave McKern - Unknown
Seth Going - Unknown

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just looked at the 2014 draw...........

No Lions........... no Highlanders.............

Gonna do it tough.

Brumby Pat

Frank Row (1)
The wider training group or train over summer has been announced in today's Canberra Times sports classifieds today and I may need some help with who they are and what position they play

Les Makin - LH Prop
Tom Staniforth - Lock
Jack Whetton - Lock - son of Gary All Black?
Rory Arnold - Recently QLD Country and Griquas?
Tim Cree - No 6 and Lock
Michael Smith - No 7
Pat Sio - No 8

Rodney Iona - Centre
Matt Hawke - Centre
Mitch Connolly - Wing
Ben Johnson - Full Back

Carl Elliott - Unknown
Jack Pinchen - Unknown
Dave McKern - Unknown
Seth Going - Unknown

First post :)

Seth Going is a Winger from Royals.

Jack Pinchen has been playing fullback for Lismore.

Not sure about Carl Elliot or Dave McKern.

Michael Dowsett from Norths (Syd) was also training today according to the brumbies facebook page.

The forward additions look great. I'm not a big fan of Hawke, Connelly, Johnson but I guess we'll see how they go over the pre-season...

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

Injuries certainly haven't helped. He got a run under Richard Graham but did not impress. I thought he had a fair bit of potential but I wouldn't say I'm sorry to see him go- unless he has a breakout season with the Brumbies. Looks like they aren't that sold on him if it is only a one year deal.

Brumby Pat

Frank Row (1)
Interesting there are five locks in the training squad - Arnold, Staniforth, McKern (wests - thanks google!), Cree & Whetton.

I suspect that are competing for a spot in the main squad. Has Leon Power been retained?

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Carl Elliott seems to be a Hooker from Western Districts and was on the pine in 2012 Grand Final JID.
Seems he was in the Brumbies U16's in 2009 while attending Trinity College with Tom Cusack as ACT captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.