• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having just seen this, it seems to have been the right move to rid Canberra of the Fainga'a clan:

Retweeted by Colby Fainga'a
O9XWkrCd_bigger.jpeg
Saia & Ant Fainga'a@FaingaaTwins
Jan 31
Was an honour and privilege to meet @TonyAbbottMHR: Good to meet the @FaingaaTwins in Brisbane today. #griffithvotes pic.twitter.com/gSjUctlNcj

BfXowD9CIAAYBeL.jpg

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Source? Haven't seen a team announcement yet.

I'd be stoked to see McGann rotate a bit. Just 1 or 2 in the forwards and 1 or 2 in the backs.

This early in the season without injuries you usually have 20 guys fighting for starting spots anyway and fresh legs will be golden in a few weeks time.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I'd be stoked to see McGann rotate a bit. Just 1 or 2 in the forwards and 1 or 2 in the backs.

This early in the season without injuries you usually have 20 guys fighting for starting spots anyway and fresh legs will be golden in a few weeks time.

Yeh I wouldn't mind either, just didn't know if it was fact or a desire. Without fear of hijacking the brumbies thread I migth do my team dreaming in the right thread :)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Can't reveal my source Oz but you'll find it is spot on:cool:

And I'll never ask you to :) I'll leave it to the mysteries of the internet. Just tell your source to not F**k with a winning formula too much. This fan is a very happy one right now (like most other Rebel fans).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't say he neglected areas of his body but I think intensive gym work during his adolescent development could be to blame here.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wouldn't say he neglected areas of his body but I think intensive gym work during his adolescent development could be to blame here.

Maybe he's just suffered a setback after returning from a knee reconstruction.

I don't think you can blame his knee injuries on his muscle bulk or anything else. It's par for the course in many sports, particularly contact sports.

M

Muttonbird

Am I right in thinking gym work (with machines) doesn't replicate the jarring and collision found in match situations? Certainly looks like he spends more time on bulk than anything else.

Anyway, he's injured far too much for a 25 year old for it to be an accident.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Were both his prior knee injuries on the same knee? I know this one was on the previous injured knee.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Am I right in thinking gym work (with machines) doesn't replicate the jarring and collision found in match situations? Certainly looks like he spends more time on bulk than anything else.

Anyway, he's injured far too much for a 25 year old for it to be an accident.

Machine work won't replicate the range of motion that free weights will, and I'm not sure if machines or free weights would necessarily replicate the collisions in a match situation (although free weights would be closer).

But Pocock posted some of his recovery training on twitter; much of his recovery was core-based and lower-body-based, not beach muscle-based, and with a hell of a lot of free weights. One exercise that made me wince was putting a barbell on his shoulders and then backing up against a wall so the weights were rolling against it, then lowering down on one leg -- like a combo one-legged squat/wall sit -- and then exploding back up.

No idea what could have caused this latest re-injury. Maybe he rushed the recovery in the gym, so the muscles built up quickly to provide superficial support, but the ligament didn't properly heal. But it does seem like the guys who reached bodybuilder status at a young age have more of these ligament and tendon issues than the rest of us mortals.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just read on twitter poet has gone under the knife and is out for the season again. Got to feel for the bloke if true.

Edit just confirmed by Brumbies wow tough luck for the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.