• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Where do people see young Butler next year, does he move to the back of the scrum, with a backrow of Fardy, Pocock, Butler ? I have watched all of the games this year but don't think Ive seen him jump ? Does he jump ?

T

Train Without a Station

He does but he was always a 4th jumper at the Reds.

What about Fotu though?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
A number of the EPS and fringe Super players have been re-signed. Any news on the likes of Whetton, McCaffrey, Hoffman, Dowsett, Cronje, Tatakawa or van der Walt?

T

Train Without a Station

Fit and firing Futo I see as a big impact player.. either starts or comes off the bench.. means Fardy to the second row..

Is Weatton signed for next year ?

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Is butler a better 6 than power or staniforth are second rowers?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
It actually makes sense for players to leave 1 year out from a WC. Since everyone leaves after a RWC there's a massive influx of talent available to clubs and your value would go down significantly - better to get in early and that's what Mowen, Douglas, Pyle, Longbottom etc. have done.
my initial point and post exactly on the "Exodus thread"

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Butler can jump, he and Enever used to really run a cracking line out up here at Easts. I think there is another Easts boy down there looking for a gig in Michael Stolberg who's pretty bloody good. If Whetton is ready to go into the 23 constantly Stolly would be a good pick up to fill the slot vacated by Power

kiap

Steve Williams (59)

Not that Brumbies supporters will agree, but reckon Fisher would've been a good option for the Rebels HC position last year.

BRUMBIES director of coaching Laurie Fisher will leave Canberra at the end of the Super Rugby season to become the head coach of English club Gloucester.
BRUMBIES director of coaching Laurie Fisher will leave Canberra at the end of the Super Rugby season to become the head coach of English club Gloucester.​
Fisher will work under former Ireland Test five-eighth David Humphreys, who is Gloucester’s director of rugby.​
It will be the second time Fisher has left the Brumbies to pursue coaching opportunities overseas.​
Fisher was the Brumbies forwards coach under David Nucifora when they won the last of their three Super Rugby titles in 2004.​
He then became the first Canberra-born coach to coach the Brumbies, guiding them for four years from 2005 to 2008.​
During this time the Brumbies failed to reach the play-offs and they decided not to renew Fisher’s contract.​
Fisher was appointed forwards coach of Irish province Munster in 2008 and remained in Limerick until 2011, where he worked with current Melbourne Rebels coach Tony McGahan.​
Highly regarded for his technical knowledge of the game, Fisher returned to Canberra in 2012 as the Brumbies forwards coach under South African Jake White.​
While White received most of the credit for turning the Brumbies around, Fisher and then backs coach Stephen Larkham did much of the hands-on coaching of the team and were also integral to the side reaching the Super Rugby final last year.​
. . .

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Dan Palmer heading back to the Brumbies?

Yeah, but just as a stepping stone to the Wallabies. He has been sorely missed these last couple of years. But seriously, Ben Alexander has been coaching the scrum this year anyway, I believe. Maybe a playing/coaching role for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.