• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I will be concerned at the direction the Brumbies are taking if they go back to Matt Giteau. I know Bernie really rates him, but the last two years he was here, he added very little to the Brumbies' attack. Too much aimless kicking and cross field running. Remember the 'Real Madrid' years? Don't want to go through that again.

Reactions: mst

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think Gits could be a good stop gap, who else is there, and he wasnt as settled or as happy as he is now then.. He'd add alot Id rather him the running out with Jooste..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I wouldn't be convinced he would last the season to be honest with run of injuries. IIRC he is yet to return to playing after his ankle injury so who knows if he would have any form.

I believe Toulon have pretty much decided not to take the option on his final year as he has played 9 out of the last 38 Top 14 games and 3 of the 7 ERC games (last season 15/16 and is yet to get on the field this season). All up including the Wallabies game he has played 13 out of 46 games since mid 2015 - and that is not counting all the potential Wallaby games (RC + EOYT).

So putting aside sentiment, he would be a poor investment and option and I would hate to see him end his career on low in Canberra.

Last I heard he was committed to Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.