• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Haven't seen him before but there is some impressive running and tackling there. Bit worried about his inclination not to pass to outside supports but towards the end did get a good off load off. SWill be interesting to see how he performs at the higher level.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Haven't seen him before but there is some impressive running and tackling there. Bit worried about his inclination not to pass to outside supports but towards the end did get a good off load off. SWill be interesting to see how he performs at the higher level.

It's the classic 'why pass when I'm better then that guy' issue. The fact is - he's probably right.

When he moves a level up and a few coaches ream him for botched tries and the blokes outside him are better, he'll get it.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have to remember it's a highlight reel for a school kid, it's always going focus on his breaks and tries in attack.

The only one of these videos that I feel fully encapsulates a player is Tongan Thor's, the man is a highlights reel.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
^^^^^^^ Hopefully not at the expense of missing out on Connal McInerney who I rate as a better prospect than Abel. Already have a couple of wily old-timers in the No 2 spot in Mann-Rea and Faainga. Now really need McInerney to get game time to back them up.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's still young, if he's patient he'll get his chance the following season with a couple of our current hookers likely to bugger off at the end of next year..........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Let's not forget that Abel was the form hooker in the 2015 NRC, and most of us were calling for him to get more game time for the Brumbies this year.............

I won't begrudge him for inconsistent form as part of the Vikings roulette selection policy.

McInerney will certainly overtake him in time, but let's try and build a future with those two guys over the coming years..........

It would be great PR to have two local products competing for that one spot.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He's still young, if he's patient he'll get his chance the following season with a couple of our current hookers likely to bugger off at the end of next year....

It's precisely that a couple of the presently signed hookers will depart by or in 2018 that I'd like to see McInerny now in the side getting Super Rugby experience. He must be of similar age to Ready and Scoble. Good enough, then he's old enough.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Christian Lealiifano was on the radio this morning and gave an update of how he's going. He's to undergo a bone marrow transplant at the end of the month after his sister was found to be a suitable donor.

The timeframe he's been given for recovery is 6-12 months.

I think his recovery and health should be priority number 1 and if he doesn't play at all next season then so be it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Christian Lealiifano was on the radio this morning and gave an update of how he's going. He's to undergo a bone marrow transplant at the end of the month after his sister was found to be a suitable donor.

The timeframe he's been given for recovery is 6-12 months.

I think his recovery and health should be priority number 1 and if he doesn't play at all next season then so be it.
Assume it is brumbies talking to Fifita given they are main Super Rugby side in oz with gaps at 8 (where Fifita played 8 and inside centre when in union) and given was offered brumbies development squad place but chose west tigers back at early stage of his career. From Memory represented NSW country in union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Brumbies captain Lealiifano, who is in remission, opened up on Friday about his cancer fight to raise awareness for the Light the Night walk, saying he has been overwhelmed by worldwide support and he hopes to make a rugby comeback.

14713694_10154628874714806_1431157297080149699_n.jpg

Makes you very proud to be a part of the#brumbiesfamily when the squad turns out like this in support of their brother Christian Lealiifano.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...w-transplant-with-sister-20161014-gs2ie8.html

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Caught a bit of the news this morning where the Brumbies and ARU are in early discussions about forming an 'allicance'.

I'm not sure it's the same deal as what happened to the Force but more a sharing of services to streamline operations.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Interesting. Odd timing though as I though they would wait to see what a new CEO would want to do. But it appears the puppet (muppet) figurehead CEO will be the go again.

If anyone remembers the ticketing debacle of a few years ago (where ticket went out late including after the first game), that was a direct result of the ARU wanting to "share administration" and use their process and IT; why Brumbies stripped it back to manage ticketing internally which fixed the issues.

On a side note, anyone notice the lack of transparency from the Brumbies re: ticketing? Pay the same as price as last year for one less game this year?

IMHO again more clear signs of the Board off on its own tangent deciding the future of the club based on political reasons using the same experience, knowledge and acumen that lead to dodgy property deals and alliances that benefited everyone but the Brumbies and year after year of losses.

It still begs the "blood on who's hands" and motive questions; pre-Jones saga Brumbies were going to scrape through in the the black (according to Pulver) with independence and even as late as last week they were still implementing his governance changes which is effectively clearing out the old board you have to really question.

So without the self indulgent coup over personality issues you have to wonder where the Brumbies would be now.

A mates club CEO will be the end of the Brumbies as we know it now and a bleak future.

Status
Not open for further replies.