• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brumbies Squad for Brisbane 10's - 'Walker's on'.

Forwards: Robbie ABEL, Ben ALEXANDER, Richie ARNOLD, Rory ARNOLD, Tom CUSACK, Blake ENEVER, Mees ERASMUS, Lolo FAKAOSILEA, Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN, Lachlan MCCAFFREY, Connal MCINERNEY, Faalelei SIONE, Darcy SWAIN, Rob VALETINI,

Backs: James DARGAVILLE, Isaak FINES, KYLE GODWIN, Jordan JACKSON-HOPE, Ryan LONERGAN, Matthew LUCAS, Andrew MUIRHEAD, Chance PENI, Henry SPEIGHT, Lausii TALIAULI, James VERITY-AMM, Andrew WALKER (Guest Player)

Brumbies to win in a canter.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reg, you'd know something about Fines. I believe he is a No 9 from the Brisbane Premier competition. With both Lucas and Lonegan in the squad, wouldn't that be sufficient cover at 9?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg, you'd know something about Fines. I believe he is a No 9 from the Brisbane Premier competition. With both Lucas and Lonegan in the squad, wouldn't that be sufficient cover at 9?

I was being facetious. He's a gun. A quality signing. In fairness QLD Rugby has excellent depth at 9 at the moment with a couple of club players still not signed. Fines is excellent. Will love the 10s. Probably the most suitable to the format of that lot.

T

TOCC

Yes from Brisbane, played for Sunnybank and one of the best half backs in the comp, he plays a little loose, bit more of a running half, personally I rated him ahead of Moses Sorovi who’s in the Reds squad, needs to structure his game though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So what’s the word on Folau Fainga'a?

I didn’t realise he was carrying an injury.........

Royals hooker Connal McInerney will play his second game for the Brumbies after being called in as injury cover for Folau Fainga'a

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I know Alexander has been playing both sides for a few years, but I'd definitely gotten the sense that it would be Sio and Ala'alatoa starting, with Mayhew and Alexander as their respective backups.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I know Alexander has been playing both sides for a few years, but I'd definitely gotten the sense that it would be Sio and Ala'alatoa starting, with Mayhew and Alexander as their respective backups.

Depends if we use the traditional Aussie method of picking via name and what stage of their career / reputation formula, OR do the radical Kiwi'esq thing and pick on form and performance.;)

We also have Harry LLoyd in the wings and his NRC performances were outstanding.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Definitely a big believer in Sione, but that will depend on the form of Mayhew, who, at his best, is almost at Sio's level. But I'd love a reserve front row of Sione-Fainga'a-Erasmus.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
He's a southafrican who started off as a hooker - I hope he can scrummage. Him and SIone are great prospects. The Brumbies have a rebel-esque front row depth. Envy of Reds and Tahs surely.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
https://www.brumbies.com.au/2018/02/plus500-brumbies-name-team-face-chiefs-trial/

Brumbies team for the trial match v the Chiefs has been announced. McCaffery appears to have won the first battle to sub for Pocock during his injury holiday. Not a surprise after his strong performance against the Rebels.

A very large bench which will see probably all the main squad get game time. Missing from the 10s are McInerny, Lonergan, Verity-Am, Erasmus, Allen, Sione and JJH; maybe one or two others. Surprised Sione isn't getting a run.
Still no sign of Ben Hyne? Injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.