• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
One of Australias problem is depth. If a flyhalf goes down, say at the Reds next year...what the hell do they do? Get another teenager out of his depth? I think it's great the Brumbies have people fighting it out for spots. If only all teams were so blessed/organised

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
One of Australias problem is depth. If a flyhalf goes down, say at the Reds next year.what the hell do they do? Get another teenager out of his depth? I think it's great the Brumbies have people fighting it out for spots. If only all teams were so blessed/organised

??
We have Lilo and Hawera. One is our first choice guy now, one is definitely the backup. Any other option is just the same as "getting another teenager out of his depth".

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
One of Australias problem is depth. If a flyhalf goes down, say at the Reds next year.what the hell do they do? Get another teenager out of his depth? I think it's great the Brumbies have people fighting it out for spots. If only all teams were so blessed/organised
I tend to agree but if TK goes down who plays 13 ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
??
We have Lilo and Hawera. One is our first choice guy now, one is definitely the backup. Any other option is just the same as "getting another teenager out of his depth".

"If a Flyhalf goes down, say at the Reds next year". Clearly I was using the flyhalf example from the Reds perspective. Brumbies have a backup there and multiple options in the back 3. Tomikin suggests 13 is not so well covered.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
"If a Flyhalf goes down, say at the Reds next year". Clearly I was using the flyhalf example from the Reds perspective. Brumbies have a backup there and multiple options in the back 3. Tomikin suggests 13 is not so well covered.
Even tho i wouldn't want him to move there, i reckon Banks would make a pretty handy 13. Hi ability to get on the outside of his man is impressive, defensively sound and gas to draw opposition wingers infield to cover the 13 channel.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Speight has had plenty of games for the Brumbies and Wallabies at 13, so he can shift there in an emergency..........

But the next season is a long way away and plenty more signings to come.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Ikitau has been impressive at the U20s level, but does he have the size to make it as a No 13 in Super Rugby? 180cm and 90kg is a bit on the small size these days, I would have thought. Anyway, hopefully he proves me wrong.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Conrad Smith was a similar size, but he had good tackling technique, excellent positioning, and knew when to run a straight line and give the pass. If he is even half as good at those things, he'll be fine.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Conrad Smith was a similar size, but he had good tackling technique, excellent positioning, and knew when to run a straight line and give the pass. If he is even half as good at those things, he'll be fine.
We can hope his as good as C Smith

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Conrad usually had big, abrasive No 12s inside him. Maybe, in time, partnered with Kerevi at 12 would make a good combination?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Maybe he meant for the moment? Word is that Kerevi will sign a one year deal with the Reds and be available to go elsewhere in 2020. Never say never.

dbcooper

Frank Nicholson (4)
James Dargaville has joined North Harbour for the Mitre 10 Cup (NPC), and is starting the first game at centre. Any opinions on his ability at 13?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
He has the positioning, the defensive ability, the acceleration, and the pass. However, he doesn't have much experience there. He could become a good 13, but really should be used on the wing (his best position), or as a defensive fullback.