• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2021

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I think in an ideal world, Rennie leaves after 2023 (as planned) and McKellar takes over in 2024.

By then Dan will have wracked-up 6 years of experience coaching at the top-level in Super Rugby.

He's currently only 44, which is pretty young for a coach. I think that is the plan anyway.

The reason Rennie tried to get McKellar on as an assistant is because he wanted one of McKellar/Wisemantel/Taylor to be in a position to succeed him after the 2023 World Cup.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dang, does that include the bye week?

"The player is therefore suspended from all forms of the game up to and including 2 April 2021. This includes the following fixtures:
  • Round 4 Brumbies v Reds 13 March 2021
  • Round 6 Brumbies v Western Force 26 March 2021
  • Round 7 NSW Waratahs v Brumbies 2 April 2021.
The Brumbies have a scheduled bye in Round 5 which does not count as a week for sanctioning purposes.”

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I kinda feel sorry for Alan. Cant recall seeing him doing the slightest thing wrong previously.

But gee he did nearly seperate poor Pone’s head from his shoulders.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
6 weeks with penalty halved for clean record I assume, same as Fotuaika. That’s the standard for a shoulder to the head these days.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Any contact with the head is 6 weeks as mandated by World Rugby. Then you apply the discounts after that.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Quite a casualty ward so far, could be a big problem against the Reds with AAA and Slipper missing against Tupou.

When's Fainga'a back?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So be interesting to see side this week. At least opportunity for some young props to accelerate their learning curve on what it takes to play super rugby.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies props largely MIA at the moment. There was talk a couple of weeks ago that Ruan Smith had joined the Reds, but that's gone a bit quiet lately. If that's not the case, wonder if he'd be interested in an injury cover contract for the second half of the competition?

Otherwise, how about JP as injury cover to play LHP along with Sio and Lloyd, and James Slipper moving back to the TH side?