• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
I guess that giant lock Mcdonald u20 from a couple years back didn't work out.
McDonald went to Brisbane. But more concerning is that most of the potential Under 20's from Brumbies moved on Junior Tupou, Queanbeyan Whites, Brumbies to West Tigers, Zephaniah Tuinona, Queanbeyan Whites, Brumbies and Tony Alofipo, Queanbeyan Whites, Brumbies to Japan.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Brumbies "Elite Development Squad" has been announced.

Remsy Lemisio (prop)
Zane Marolt (lock)
Pat Maka (No 8)
Corey Toole (outside back)
Will Sankey (lock)
Declan Meredith (fullback)
Jacob Church (centre)
Siave Seti (wing)
Marias Jensen (outside back)
Charlie Cale (backrow)
Harry Vella (LHP)
Titi Nofoagatatoa (backrow)
Nathan Carroll (outside back)
Nick Chapman (scrumhalf)
Shane Wilcox (fullback)
Klayton Thorn (scrumhalf)
Syris Schmidt (flyhalf)
Massimo De Lutiis (THP)
Can anyone provide current club affiliations? Is Pat Maka the No 8 from Gungahlin? If so, looks very promising.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
McDonald went to Brisbane. But more concerning is that most of the potential Under 20's from Brumbies moved on Junior Tupou, Queanbeyan Whites, Brumbies to West Tigers, Zephaniah Tuinona, Queanbeyan Whites, Brumbies and Tony Alofipo, Queanbeyan Whites, Brumbies to Japan.
Tupou wasn't really a Brumby was he.... Canberra League rep al the way through until Brumbies picked up for just 1 year - selected as Aussie U20 then League offered a long term deal.

But yes it is a bit concerning - maybe next broadcast deal can help bolster an U20/acadamy comp again meaning these 18/19/20 yr old adults can earn an acceptable income.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brumbies Rugby have announced a profit at the 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM) held this evening at Brumbies HQ, the fourth time the club have done so in the past five years.

Despite the enduring challenges of COVID-19, the Brumbies announced a $200,000 profit, a significantly positive result for the club after suffering a $468,484 loss in 2020.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
"It comes as club officials renegotiate a long-term deal with the University of Canberra to house Brumbies headquarters in an effort to secure cash flow in the coming years.

The Brumbies initially paid 30 years of rent upfront to the university, planning to co-exist and share facilities until at least 2043. But the terms of the deal have been altered as the university agrees to give some of that money bank to give the Brumbies some financial security, with the Super Rugby Pacific club indicating they will negotiate a 15-year lease."

In other words, they turned an operating loss into a profit by shortening their lease term and getting a cash refund of their upfront payment.

Also - who pays UP FRONT for a 30-year lease?????

It’s not entirely uncommon for commercial/industrial leases given fitout costs.

however this deal received much criticism at the time… and rightfully so given this latest amendment. Brumbies essentially paid the construction costs for the facility under a 30 year lease, and UC simply provided the space.

That lease was paid for out of the sale of land they actually owned, so after 30 years they’d have no land and no facilities.

i hope this renegotiation isn’t the source of this ‘profit’

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It’s not entirely uncommon for commercial/industrial leases given fitout costs.

however this deal received much criticism at the time… and rightfully so given this latest amendment. Brumbies essentially paid the construction costs for the facility under a 30 year lease, and UC simply provided the space.

That lease was paid for out of the sale of land they actually owned, so after 30 years they’d have no land and no facilities.

i hope this renegotiation isn’t the source of this ‘profit’
someone, somewhere was profiting from that 'deal' and it definitely wasn't the Brumbies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
someone, somewhere was profiting from that 'deal' and it definitely wasn't the Brumbies.
I think G'Rob referred to them as the Canberra Mafia. I also believe it was part of the reason Jones was "exited".

UC might have benefited, and as for the ROI on the 131 high end apartments approved via Government call in powers.......o_O

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think G'Rob referred to them as the Canberra Mafia. I also believe it was part of the reason Jones was "exited".

UC might have benefited, and as for the ROI on the 131 high end apartments approved via Government call in powers.......o_Oas

Jones was exited, however the deal preceded him and he was the one who actually commissioned an investigation into the deal due to irregularities he found. That report was then referred to the police.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Its a bit worrying that we are a month out and still no new jersey sponsor.

If its a tough market, maybe we should look at the force approach and get 5-6 jersey sponsors to "spread the load"

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
1. Slipper 2. Fainga'a 3. Ala'alatoa
4. Swain 5. Neville
6. Valetini 8. Samu 7. Brown
9. White 10. Lolesio 11. Muirhead 12. Simone 13. Ikitau 14. Wright 15. Banks
16. Mcinerney 17. Sio 18. Ross 19. Frost 20. Kennedy 21. Lonergan 22. Iona 23. CFS

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Nice one UTR. I'd change Samu and Valetini around and probably have Creighton on the bench in place of Iona. Hooper also a big chance of covering the backrow from the bench instead of Kennedy who is an unknown atm.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nice one UTR. I'd change Samu and Valetini around and probably have Creighton on the bench in place of Iona. Hooper also a big chance of covering the backrow from the bench instead of Kennedy who is an unknown atm.
Could very well be Reimer or Scott from the bench for cover. Kennedy is an experienced professional lock/backrow - Hooper is the unknown IMO.