• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
All of those current players are wingers, including a couple of Wallabies/squad members. Mack was first and foremost a fullback, where he understandably rated behind the current Wallaby No 15 in the squad. The fact that he had some outstanding games at wing for the Brumbies in 2021 (and is now a starter in the No 1 (?) rated test team in the world) should have rung alarms at the Brumbies but in the event apparently they were unable or unwilling to pay him what he thought he was worth. It is not the Brumbies fault that none of the other Aus franchises who pretty much all were short on fullback talent couldn't see his worth and make an appealing offer to him. I don't begrudge Mack leaving the Brumbies but I am pissed off that he had to leave the Country.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
All of those current players are wingers, including a couple of Wallabies/squad members. Mack was first and foremost a fullback, where he understandably rated behind the current Wallaby No 15 in the squad. The fact that he had some outstanding games at wing for the Brumbies in 2021 (and is now a starter in the No 1 (?) rated test team in the world) should have rung alarms at the Brumbies but in the event apparently they were unable or unwilling to pay him what he thought he was worth. It is not the Brumbies fault that none of the other Aus franchises who pretty much all were short on fullback talent couldn't see his worth and make an appealing offer to him. I don't begrudge Mack leaving the Brumbies but I am pissed off that he had to leave the Country.

Ireland are the 5th ranked team currently.

Why would other Australian teams make a significantly higher offer to a player who had declined an offer from his existing team (unless they thought the existing team was the problem for the player)?

He didn't have to leave the country. He chose to.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Agreed... I think the Tahs had Beale pencilled in ... unfortunately... at the insistence of Rennie?
I suppose the Reds, let Carter Gordon go ... he’s a handy bloke to have in your team. He wanted to start which is fair enough and didn’t want to sit on the bench behind JOC (James O'Connor).
Anyway, may all the Oz teams play well and we unearth some new talent to combine with old talent that will bring home Bill in 2023!
Force and Waratahs to surprise this year is my tip...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Agreed... I think the Tahs had Beale pencilled in ... unfortunately... at the insistence of Rennie?

Huh? Hansen signed with Connacht in April last year long before there was any mention of Beale (which only happened on the EOYT and only happened because we had a bunch of injuries to fullbacks).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is Nick Frost heading to Japan..

SMH on the end of Arnolds Story...

Frost’s departure to Panasonic in Japan’s League One will not concern the Wallabies in the immediate future, but it is a blow for Australian depth. He has only been back here for two seasons after starting his professional career in New Zealand.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)

Frost’s departure to Panasonic in Japan’s League One will not concern the Wallabies in the immediate future, but it is a blow for Australian depth. He has only been back here for two seasons after starting his professional career in New Zealand.
Terrible for Aus rugby... I think he has the potential to have a huge future. Probably our most athletic lock going around.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Maybe herald more game time for Hooper at the Brumbies? Different style of player but almost as much promise and potential.