• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Blues Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Blues have a few injuries to worry about, including the loss of lock Tom Donnelly. Their back three still looks very dangerous and throw in Jerome Kaino and Nonu and they might cover for the loss of the experienced players.

I'm not going to rule them out though after what they did to the Brumbies back in 2012.

Blues:
1. Tony Woodcock
2. Tom McCartney
3. Charlie Faumuina
4. Liaki Moli
5. Hayden Triggs
6. Jerome Kaino (c)
7. Brendan O'Connor
8. Steven Luatua
9. Bryn Hall
10. Simon Hickey
11. Tevita Li
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. George Moala
14. Frank Halai
15. Charles Piutau

16. James Parsons
17. Sam Pratley
18. Angus Ta'avao
19. Jordan Manihera
20. Luke Braid
21. Sonatane Takulua
22. Francis Saili
23. Benji Marshall

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
With that playing list, even after their injuries, the Blues should be one of the top NZ outfits. Will be a hard game I think.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I expect the brumbies to bounce back from last week's defeat but this Blues outfit is a big challenge.

I would expect a better performance from Kuridrani, Tomane and moreso CLL as they get back to game fitness.

I must say the Brums scrum has really done well so far this year. Two penalty tries in two games is great. I can't help but think though that we need Sio back, as we're only two tight forward injuries away from an all rookie front row. Moore and Alexander must be getting weary.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
v.pleased to see Mcartney start.
and Ofa the dreadlocked clot out of the 23 altogether.
also pleased to see ref is aussie Rohan something, probably the best ref I've seen this year.
Brumbies tough ask at home, Auck will need to avoid getting lured into boring old Brumbie ball, recycling etc, time to break off the shackles, they'll lose if it's a 9-12 drudgefest, time for a polynesian b-ball Mt Eden jailbreak, 42-30 to the good guys

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Kaino's introduction changed the forward pack immediately. They trashed the Highlanders physically. I think everyone else in the Blues is afraid of him.
Luatua is pissing himself that he is going to lose his AB spot so he is actually trying harder and running straight. I think he will be a better 8 than 6.
Nonu has a point to prove after being a lazy and annoying mofo at Super level for the past two years. He may have matured. We'll see.
Lock is a problem. Moli is useless - imo.
Blues backs are dynamite.
Saying all this, I think the Brumbies will sneak it because they are too well drilled, a good side, and playing at home counts for a lot.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies need to avoid the aimless kicking of last week........

The Rebels punished them for it and their back 3 is not in the same league as the Blues.........

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kaino's introduction changed the forward pack immediately. They trashed the Highlanders physically. I think everyone else in the Blues is afraid of him.
Luatua is pissing himself that he is going to lose his AB spot so he is actually trying harder and running straight. I think he will be a better 8 than 6.
Nonu has a point to prove after being a lazy and annoying mofo at Super level for the past two years. He may have matured. We'll see.
Lock is a problem. Moli is useless - imo.
Blues backs are dynamite.
Saying all this, I think the Brumbies will sneak it because they are too well drilled, a good side, and playing at home counts for a lot.

And this is based on???

If the Blues can hold on to the ball eg don't kick away to much possession and actually catch the ball (Moala and a few of the forwards have had issues with their hands) then I think they should win.

Even with Kaino back starting, Braid is a big loss for the Blues. He has been their standout player thus far. Their one forward who every game has consistently got over the gain line and provided the go foreward for the backs to feed off. Luatua was better last week. Braid's nuisance factor has also been very high.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Said partly in jest.

Luatua will be worried that he will be 3rd choice. That is common sense.

I know that are not actually afraid of Kaino, but his hard nosed attitude should ripple through the other forward (hopefully)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The Brumbies need to avoid the aimless kicking of last week....

The Rebels punished them for it and their back 3 is not in the same league as the Blues...

That, and control the ball as well. Last week, too many dropped balls and passes to no-one. Quick and accurate recycle is what's needed.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Whoa, that's a big loss, evens it out a bit more! Didn't give the Blues much hope before that, now it's back to the drawing board!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

tranquility

The Achilles heal of the Brumbies, that is terrible news.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies

1. JP Smith
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Pat McCabe
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Joe Tomane
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Ruan Smith
18. Ruaidhri Murphy
19. Jack Whetton
20. Lachlan McCaffrey
21. Conrad Hoffmann
22. Andrew Smith
23. Christian Lealiifano

T

Tip

I can't wait to see Ma'a Nonu decked with some massive bone rattlers from Matty T & McCabe.

The Brumbies pack is going to have a hard time containing both Luatua and Kaino. They are two fo the best ball runners going around.

Both teams are lacking an out and out 7. Brumbies pack could be in deep doo-doo without Sio & Moore. Woodock and Faumuina are going to really test the Brumbies at the scrimmage.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
From memory McCabe got schooled by Nonu in the ill-fated game in Canberra in 2012, hopefully he turns the tables this time.

Looking like it might be a wet night, if White and Mogg's kicking game is on song then it might give the Brums the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.