• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Chiefs - R6 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's been multiple head grabs in every match I've watched this year........

There were a few last night, including a pretty obvious one near the Brumbies line - Cubelli was over the ruck trying to pilfer the ball and the Chiefs players grabbed him around the head and pulled him to ground - should've been a Brumbies penalty on two counts, but it was ignored and then 30secs later it's a Chiefs penalty with a shot at goal.......... :rolleyes:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Don't know or really have an opinion on whether Pocock should get anytime, the only thing I would say I would hate to have him wrapping his arm around my neck like that, because he sure has got powerful looking arms to squeeze it (which it looked a little like he did)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ "(which it looked a little like he did)" is an exceedingly generous view, I'd be more inclined to say he choked Leitch like a Boa fuckin Constrictor & should get a decent amount of time to contemplate the error of his ways, three week minimum for mine.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I try to be generous WOB, or to think the best of any players, especially someone as good as Pocock, I know it looked bad, but am trying to not get carried away.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was looking for extenuating circumstances what with Pocock being the rugby player Mother Theresa would've been had she been a rugby player but I'm really struggling to find any right now. Totally out of character so maybe give him a one-week reduction but I'll be mightily pissed off if he gets a week & serves it in a Club game he was never gunna play otherwise............

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I was looking for extenuating circumstances what with Pocock being the rugby player Mother Theresa would've been had she been a rugby player but I'm really struggling to find any right now. Totally out of character so maybe give him a one-week reduction but I'll be mightily pissed off if he gets a week & serves it in a Club game he was never gunna play otherwise....

Be prepared for "mightily pissed off" or "fucking ropeable" if he gets nothing, which I think is likely. Because SANZAAR and who the fuck knows?

G

galumay

but I'll be mightily pissed off if he gets a week & serves it in a Club game he was never gunna play otherwise....

Prepare to be pissed off, given that a deliberate knee to the head the week before got exactly that outcome.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Don't know or really have an opinion on whether Pocock should get anytime, the only thing I would say I would hate to have him wrapping his arm around my neck like that, because he sure has got powerful looking arms to squeeze it (which it looked a little like he did)

I still have to ice my hand after shaking his.

He's up to face the wheel of misfortune on Tuesday night. Delayed due to Wallaby camp

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Disgraceful act by any Super 15 player.

Shit, then I realised it was Sir David. He'll probably get an Order of Australia, for putting his body in a dangerous position:)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
All the bullshit going on because it is Pocock involved. He will get what he gets. It just needs to be consistent from the Judiciary. If it is a suspension, then the bye week will, or should come into the equation because it did for Latu and Faagase (and others in previous years).

I would much prefer bye weeks to be ignored, but that's the way of things atm.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
I think the big difference for the Brums this weekend was the lack of "off the ball" work. They were slow to get into position to receive passes or to hit the TRM and protect the pill. Obviously a big difference in the pre/travel/post routines for the Chiefs and the Brumbies :(

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
Brumbies looked lost and confused without their kick-to-corner then truck-and-trailer rolling maul and watch Pocock flop over for hat-trick try.

Please do not tell me the Blues have to travel down to some tinpot Hamtown Stadium next Friday night to play those offloading bogan hick freaks.

If the best D gets ransacked to the tune of 40-odd, the Blues will get eaten alive, shat out at halftime, reheated, then eaten again slowly with ravenous relish, bones and all. Final score, 3 plays 82.

a good game to Tap, and then fast forward to the end, to get the pain over quickly?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The positive thing about this? McKenzie is in my Fantasy team. Yeah, despite his joker's smile in every conversion

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The positive thing about this? McKenzie is in my Fantasy team. Yeah, despite his joker's smile in every conversion

If you didn't pick him early and make him captain, you are almost certainly out of contention for the bikkies. Currently he's $740K and you have to cripple your team to buy him.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If you didn't pick him early and make him captain, you are almost certainly out of contention for the bikkies. Currently he's $740K and you have to cripple your team to buy him.

You're not gonna believe this, I picked him in the first round :cool: :cool: :cool:

2fa6c0f48b090c963fb8636b1b5ea5b1.jpg

Yeah, I know. I have too many Kiwis but they are the dominant conference so far. It's not my fault. ;)

T

TOCC

Pocock, going to take a stab and say anywhere up to 6 week suspension but most likely going to be 2 weeks.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interesting to hear Rennie say after the game that one of the things he wonders if his players are so young they haven't got afraid of having a crack from anywhere. He also reckoned after their travel schedule a couple of weeks back that he didn't think players would be that weary, as they all young and it was all exciting new places they were seeing!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So it's three weeks with a Club game he was almost certainly never gonna play in counting as one of them (and, yes, I know everyone does it etc etc but that don't make it right)?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So it's three weeks with a Club game he was almost certainly never gonna play in counting as one of them (and, yes, I know everyone does it etc etc but that don't make it right)?

Actually, it sounds like the final number was 2 weeks.
2 plus 1 deterrent, minus one for guilty plea and good record = 2 weeks. Sounds like they stipulated he wouldn't play club rugby so the 2 weeks are Super games. Their call.

Status
Not open for further replies.