• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Chiefs - R6 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
In your opinion, which is irrelevant to the game. The refs saw it otherwise. Like i said, move on.

We're having a discussion here champ, if you don't want to be apart of it then you don't have to be.

G

galumay

Well I was wrong again, thought it would be the Bush Donkey's discipline that would cost them, but it didnt really play a part. They were strangely passive in attack, but credit to the Chiefs for the intensity of their defence.

The creativity of the Chiefs in attack, and counter attack in particular is awesome and it will be a good team that can break that down this year.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
What were you debating then?

your statement that any tackle has to start with grabbing something with your hands. I said that you should lead with the shoulder for solid impact, then grab. Doesn't matter.

Topic: very good game by the Chiefs, Brumbies weren't playing particularly badly IMO, Chiefs just had a very, very good day. Ref was good. Very happy

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, that was tough to watch...........

The Chiefs put on a masterclass in attack........... just their basic skillset was a class above anything you'll see from an Australian team.

The Brumbies shot themselves in the foot too many times when they had an opportunity to be in the game in the first hour..............

I'm not sure why they changed tactics this week in regards to going for goal instead of the line when they get a penalty out wide?

Brumbies look like they were thinking about the bye week with 10mins to go..........

And some of Gardner's decisions at the breakdown left me puzzled......... kinda forgot about the whole releasing the tackler/hands in the ruck thing, but them's the breaks I s'pose.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well I was wrong again, thought it would be the Bush Donkey's discipline that would cost them, but it didnt really play a part.

I'm pretty certain they gave away less penalties than the Chiefs............

Their discipline this year really hasn't been an issue, except for the blowout against the Cheetahs last week.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And that's how the young Chiefs beat to the top Aussie team. Goodbye Bledisloe!

Well, with 40% of our professional players being coached by Michael Foley and until recently Richard Graham and the Waratahs with the wobbles, I'd say Bledisloe victory isn't on the radar at the moment. Even allowing for the fact that all our players will lift under Cheika's coaching.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok, I really enjoyed that. Geez it hard not to like Chiefs, I get the impression they play with such joy for the game, kind of like give me the ball and let's seewhat I can do, particularly DMac and Lowe. Cruden really controls things well, his skill set seems to be pretty good. Suspect Weber will be 9 for ABs in next few years if he continues to improve.
I still enjoy watching players of the class of Pocock and Fardy playing for any team as well. all in all think we can go to bed happy with the game tonight.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies looked lost and confused without their kick-to-corner then truck-and-trailer rolling maul and watch Pocock flop over for hat-trick try.

Please do not tell me the Blues have to travel down to some tinpot Hamtown Stadium next Friday night to play those offloading bogan hick freaks.

If the best D gets ransacked to the tune of 40-odd, the Blues will get eaten alive, shat out at halftime, reheated, then eaten again slowly with ravenous relish, bones and all. Final score, 3 plays 82.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Chiefs must be almost unbackable tournament favourites now.

Reds vs Chiefs in round 16 is going to be very, very ugly. If they put 60 on the Reds I would hardly even be surprised.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Brumbies looked lost and confused without their kick-to-corner then truck-and-trailer rolling maul and watch Pocock flop over for hat-trick try.

Please do not tell me the Blues have to travel down to some tinpot Hamtown Stadium next Friday night to play those offloading bogan hick freaks.

If the best D gets ransacked to the tune of 40-odd, the Blues will get eaten alive, shat out at halftime, reheated, then eaten again slowly with ravenous relish, bones and all. Final score, 3 plays 82.

Blues should trademark "Jailbreak" and get the Chiefs on a legal technicality.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I have good news & bad news. The good news is that, yes, you do. The bad news is that YES YOU DO!!! Sorry 'bout that, my inner Hambogan momentarily breached the perimeter....... Oh & all four of wifey's Ham-resident girl cousins will be in the stands to jeer your boys/ cheer their boys on (& all four make me & their brother look like half-assed supporters lacking in vocal power & spittle production. Just sayin :)).

G

galumay

Bit of a scrappy tight head though from messy scrum. Chiefs scrum was under pressure all night, but the rest of their game was awesome.

Yes, it was more the typical irony, you posted about their scrum issues so of course straight away they win a tight head!! Doh!

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
How long do u think it will be before Australia's skill set catches up with NZ? With oz changing up the pathways to give make it a cleaner transition from amateur to pro will we see achange in say 10 years ?
It must be something that the academy's over there do differently than we do ?i don't think nz has better players all round at school level . It's what they from school till pro level that separates them from us.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
As much as I wanted the Brumbies to win, I have to say that conceding almost 50 at home to the Chiefs puts their demolition of the Force into perspective. The Chiefs are just too fucking good.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies looked weary tonight after returning from the republic. Congrats to the chefs... They served a Better rugby menu tonight... The bye week will be good for the lads...we know they are a better team on their day...

Status
Not open for further replies.