• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Crusaders Rd 18 Sat 13 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies had so many opportunities, but then just blew it due to silly errors........... particularly from White.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Tordah, the replay clearly showed that Lilo was shoved while in the air... there was definitely no contest for the ball.

didn''t see the replay, looked OK in real time but if he shoved him in the air instead of competing for the ball, I'll concede that mistake.

Thought Peyper was good in general play, missed a few things but no team got over- or underreffed. Peyper just continued the terrible refereeing of the maul, so I'll not hold that against him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
didn''t see the replay, looked OK in real time but if he shoved him in the air instead of competing for the ball, I'll concede that mistake.

I thought it was fine too, but the reverse replay showed that when Lilo went up he was shoved by the 'saders player............

The Brumbies obviously need Sydney sized screens to influence the ref on some of those decisions.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having To'omua there made a big difference...........

Coleman has a lot of heart, but is easily dominated...........

It's also strange how deep the Brumbies backs were aligned considering they have Bernie as a coach.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
After Stirzaker's shocker last night I reckon Cheika is seriously considering only taking Phipps and Genia to the RWC.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think all of the talk of the Brumbies rolling the Stormers at home is pure fantasy. They haven't beaten a team above them yet this year.

Having said that, the way the Highlanders played last night, you'd almost rather finish 6th and go to SA than have to go to the Toaster and try to beat the clan.

Facts don't matter do they @Charger. Brumbies beat the Highlanders. But of course that isn't in the class of the Force who had three wins against teams above them. Oh hang on. All teams finished above the Force.;)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1. do you mean the contest for the ball in front of the posts ?
2. he called advantage over as Mogg had acres of space and time for his clearing kick. Was a knock on advantage. Don't reward bad play, he had clean possession

I reckon he had four howlers, which were 4 illegal maul tries with changing lanes and truck & trailers :)

1 The way you tell the difference between the ball and a brumbies player is that the ball has gilbert written on it.
(a) The referee is sole judge of whether or not a team has gained an advantage. The referee has wide discretion when making decisions. (b) Advantage can be either territorial or tactical. (c) Territorial advantage means a gain in ground. (d) Tactical advantage means freedom for the non-offending team to play the ball as they wish.

So it wasn't (c) talk me through how it was (d) - when was the last time the brumbies chose to place a kick into that part of the field with no chasers and no hang time?
Saders deserved to win so I am really just worried about the quality of reffing we see from Peyper

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There were also the passes to To'omua and Tomane for some good breaks...........

But he had so many dumb handling errors, and that box kick after the Speight break.......... :mad:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If my calculations are correct we've missed the playoffs by ONE FUCKIN' POINT & have the exact same win/loss record as the Brumbies, 9/7. Of those 7, one was to the Bulls in Sethfricka, one to the 'tahs in Sydney (both as acceptable as any loss can be) & 4 v Chiefs (twice), Clan & 'canes. Which leaves the Round 1 debacle v the Rebels at AMI. Such is pro footy, I s'pose, but fuck me it sucks.

Tribe & 'canes running out now............

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If my calculations are correct we've missed the playoffs by ONE FUCKIN' POINT & have the exact same win/loss record as the Brumbies, 9/7. Of those 7, one was to the Bulls in Sethfricka, one to the 'tahs in Sydney (both as acceptable as any loss can be) & 4 v Chiefs (twice), Clan & 'canes. Which leaves the Round 1 debacle v the Rebels at AMI. Such is pro footy, I s'pose, but fuck me it sucks.

Tribe & 'canes running out now....

Brumbies also dropped a lot of close games this year - Chiefs, Rebels, Stormers, Tahs...............

In the end it's the difference between 6th and 2nd.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
If my calculations are correct we've missed the playoffs by ONE FUCKIN' POINT & have the exact same win/loss record as the Brumbies, 9/7. Of those 7, one was to the Bulls in Sethfricka, one to the 'tahs in Sydney (both as acceptable as any loss can be) & 4 v Chiefs (twice), Clan &''canes. Which leaves the Round 1 debacle v the Rebels at AMI. Such is pro footy, I s'pose but fuck me it sucks.

Tribe & 'canes running out now....

I was kinda happy we had a good game to finish on & then you brought in these facts! :mad::D

Very entertaining game to watch though, hope the other games follow up with the same. Disappointed no finals for us but it was a good finish to the season, good send off for Dan & Richie. Nadolo was on fire.

I hope Speight & Pocock get well soon after those concussions both looked very groggy.

Coleman got targeted a lot but to his credit I've seen larger players put up a worse effort in defense. White had some shocking kicks but I wouldnt pin him for the loss.

So the Brums will either face the Clan in NZ or Stormers in SA? Is that correct? Tough road either way from there, not impossible, but tough.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies also dropped a lot of close games this year - Chiefs, Rebels, Stormers, Tahs.....

In the end it's the difference between 6th and 2nd.

Not intended as a slight on your blokes & I don't begrudge them making the six, just pointing out how close we came to being a 4th NZ side in the playoffs.

I was kinda happy we had a good game to finish on & then you brought in these facts! :mad::D.

Sorry for that but you know what they say, share the pain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.