• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Highlanders Super Rugby R9 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
After the poor performance of last week, the Brumbies are heading across the ditch to Dunedin to take on the winless Highlanders.

This match is one that could make or break the Brumbies season. The Highlanders recruited well in the off season but have nothing to show for it so far but are due to put together a decent game.

The Brumbies are expected to have Matt To'omua, Jesse Mogg and Andrew Smith return to the backline which could mean Pat McCabe misses out and will be on the bench.

I'd expect the front row to be Alexander, Moore and Palmer, with Sio on the bench but Alexander will need a big game after last weeks effort.

Sam Carter should return to the starting lineup but who his locking partner will be is still in question. Scott Fardy was hobbling in a moon boot last week which could mean Kimlin joins Carter with Mowen, Smith
and Auelua the back row.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Benny A only screwed up at the end. The bloke played his heart out for 79.5 minutes. Part-time Palmer only plays about 40 something and will never be considered a serious contender until he can play, and play well for 80. Mr Moore has always been special - 80 minute man. Like Sio.

Look forward to that cult figure Moggy being back

Reckon Highlanders will put it together this week and belt thye Brums by 15

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
IMHO, the season defining game will be the follwing week against the Reds in Brisbane.
This match is important as well, however, all points are precious.
The Brums still are one of the leading teams, the Highlanders are a good team due for a win.
Unlike others, I equally give respect to these sides and I suspect that this match will be a tight contest.

nathan

Alfred Walker (16)
Would love to see:

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Kimlin (Fardy if available)
5. Carter
6. Mowen
7. Smith
8. Auelua
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Tomane
12. Lilo
13. Smith
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Siliva
17. Alexander
18. Oosteheizen (Kimlin if Fardy available)
19. Faainga
20. Prior
21. Coleman
22. Rathbone

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Would love to see:

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Kimlin (Fardy if available)
5. Carter
6. Mowen
7. Smith
8. Auelua
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Tomane
12. Lilo
13. Smith
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Siliva
17. Alexander
18. Oosteheizen (Kimlin if Fardy available)
19. Faainga
20. Prior
21. Coleman
22. Rathbone

Can tell you the last 2 reserves won't be there.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rathbone has a niggling hamstring injury but might play club rugby this weekend.

Not sure about Coleman.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies to play Highlanders

1. Ben Alexander, 2. Stephen Moore, 3. Dan Palmer, 4. Peter Kimlin, 5. Sam Carter, 6. Jordan Smiler, 7. George Smith, 8. Ben Mowen, 9. Nic White, 10. Matt To'omua, 11. Joseph Tomane, 12. Christian Lealiifano, 13. Andrew Smith, 14. Henry Speight, 15. Jesse Mogg.
Reserves: 16. Siliva Siliva, 17. Scott Sio, 18. Fotu Auelua, 19. Colby Fainga'a, 20. Ian Prior, 21. Pat McCabe, 22. Tevita Kuridrani.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Is this the week the highlanders click? Hope not for the Brumbies sake.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Buck stops with the Brumbies.
They've gotta deliver on the field, being vs the Highlanders, Crusaders or Reds.
Anything else is irrelevant.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is this the week the highlanders click? Hope not for the Brumbies sake.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Based on last week's game, for everything they do right, they do three things wrong.

I'm guessing they're close to a win but they probably aren't going to get it away against the Brumbies. If it was a home game I'd almost put money on them (assuming they were starting as reasonable underdogs).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Based on last week's game, for everything they do right, they do three things wrong.

I'm guessing they're close to a win but they probably aren't going to get it away against the Brumbies. If it was a home game I'd almost put money on them (assuming they were starting as reasonable underdogs).

It's actually being played in Dunedin.........

The Brumbies have recalled Brian Smith to training to get their defence back to where it was.........

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's actually being played in Dunedin...

The Brumbies have recalled Brian Smith to training to get their defence back to where it was...

Bloody Brumby Jack listing the away team first.

Looking at the odds, the Highlanders are currently paying $2.05. If that slides out to about $2.30 I'll be pretty tempted to have a punt on them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Real fans know the draw

I'm a Waratahs fan. I know their draw.

I'm relying on Brumbies fans starting their matchday thread to post the home team first!

Admittedly, I should have remembered that Slim or someone else posted further up the page that Rathbone and Coleman didn't get on the plane to NZ. Either that or I should have questioned why the Brumbies sent their entire team to spy on the opposition before heading back to Canberra for the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.