• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds, Bruce Stadium, 7/4/2018 @7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting decision. I thought his foot was out, but given that they didn't I'm a bit surprised that they didn't award it.

I'd be interested in the view of any refs on here. I distinctly remember when I did my level 1 (a while ago now) that they advised that if the ball is on the ground in goal and a player is in touch and puts there hand on it it is simultaneous, and therefore a try (I remember it because it seemed odd to me). I know that wasn't the same scenario - but it would seem to me the same rule in play.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brumbies doing much better in the second 20 there, starting to play to there potential. Young reds side not used to holding a lead, Thorn will be right up them in the sheds and they should come out firing. Hopefully not too indisciplined though.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
In any case - a real momentum shift. Reds need to get back on top.

It's been a good game to watch. Maybe not overly free flowing, but certainly both teams having a crack.

CFS is a different player.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
At least the injury situation is fairly even. So should shouldn't affect the game too much from here.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Interesting decision. I thought his foot was out, but given that they didn't I'm a bit surprised that they didn't award it.

I'd be interested in the view of any refs on here. I distinctly remember when I did my level 1 (a while ago now) that they advised that if the ball is on the ground in goal and a player is in touch and puts there hand on it it is simultaneous, and therefore a try (I remember it because it seemed odd to me). I know that wasn't the same scenario - but it would seem to me the same rule in play.

I would agree, either way you'd think the hand in touch is inconclusive therefore you stick with the on field call.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jeez - not only should that be a try, that should be a yellow card. Surely??

Not a yellow card, but it should've been a try........ however, the referee blew his whistle so he couldn't go back and award it.

Status
Not open for further replies.