• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I'm really looking forward to this game, as I guess a lot of us are, of course because of the matchups but also because after the last round I'm really unsure of how it's going to go. I'm expecting a fast open game but the battle at the set piece and the breakdown is going to be ferocious.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah. There won't be a Gill v Hooper battle unfortunately. The Faingaas will be up against each other instead you'd expect. Unless Jake wants to start with big Ita again!!

R

Reds24

a shame because that would have been a feirce battle at the breakdown

T

TOCC

Lucas might be out injured which obviously influences the Reds back line, Morahan isn't a known defender thus making it difficult to slot him straight into 5/8 for the defensive component.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yeah, I think if Lucas isn't playing they'll either straight swap Quade and Digby as they have before or slide everyone in one with Ioane to 13, Morahan to wing and Quade to fullback. Quade offers so much on counterattack he really needs to be at 15 on D.

J

Jiggles

The Reds job will be made easier without Hooper, but geez if he does get suspended I will be really annoyed. I have been looking forward to seeing Hooper and Gill go at it for at least a month now, and to be honest there was nothing in that tackle on Vito. Two years ago that would've been called a good tackle. It's getting beyond silly now.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Really hoping some consistency and commonsense to prevail with the Hooper citing. In real time the tackle was all about momentum and Vito's desire to go to the ground and lay the ball back. Hooper did not place his hands between Vitos legs and lift and drive. Lawrence dealt with it as it deserved at the time.
There have been several other instances of Brumbies players being placed in this position (review the Brumbies recent SA sojourn) and they brought no SANZAR citings or sanctions.

P

Paradox

It's going to be very fvcking cold in Canberra on Sat night (and possibly wet). The Reds won't like it one bit :D

Nick White must start with his kicking game.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It will be interesting to see what split the reds go for on the bench.

All depends on if lucas is injured, and if quade is confident of holding up for a full 80.

The reds forwards started to fade in the second half on the weekend, they really missed beau coming on and picking up the tempo. Keeping in mind the brumbies pack are much fitter than the lions pack, not picking beau would be a huge mistake IMHO.

Allsports

Stan Wickham (3)
Can't wait for this one ! Both teams will field their fittest & strongest lineup where possible, Lucas will be right & White will be a definate starter was just resting last week, hoping for a great injury free game, don't think the Wallaby's need any injuries from the 2 form sides going into the June tests. Sadly only 1 team will be able to make finals as I'm loving the way both sides are playing, Brumbies must be proud of their achievements. Looking good for Aus teams in 2013 as well.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Really hoping some consistency and commonsense to prevail with the Hooper citing. In real time the tackle was all about momentum and Vito's desire to go to the ground and lay the ball back. Hooper did not place his hands between Vitos legs and lift and drive. Lawrence dealt with it as it deserved at the time.
There have been several other instances of Brumbies players being placed in this position (review the Brumbies recent SA sojourn) and they brought no SANZAR citings or sanctions.

There was a lifting tackle on Saturday night by one of the Cheetahs players on one of the Sharks that looked worse than Hooper's, IMO. At about the 67th minute mark. Kaplan penalised it but said it was at the lower end of the scale and did not reach for the pocket. As far as I know, there was no further citing or any off-field yellow...

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If Hooper is out I wonder if Link will start Beau & Gill together again as he did in Brisbane? Schatz is playing well, but the game plan was successful last time.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Can't wait for this one ! Both teams will field their fittest & strongest lineup where possible, Lucas will be right & White will be a definate starter was just resting last week, hoping for a great injury free game, don't think the Wallaby's need any injuries from the 2 form sides going into the June tests. Sadly only 1 team will be able to make finals as I'm loving the way both sides are playing, Brumbies must be proud of their achievements. Looking good for Aus teams in 2013 as well.

I haven't done the exact maths, but it looks like the Reds could get through to the top 6 without displacing the Brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.