• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not a lot of difference, both are obviously rather young teams.

Brumbies are a bit older than you expect, but White seemed to choose well has "seasoned" club players.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
they won by a point in the last play... due to a missed penalty kick, they got lucky Reg! McKenzie was at his chest beatting best in the papers... The Reds had a lot of Wallabies in that squad and the fact that they scrapped by against a team of rookies is nothing to crow about...

The Brumbies hand in the scrum at their 5 metre mark just before full time that pulled the ball out that allowed them to kick it upfield was a lifesaver for the moment for the Brumbies.
That was a professional foul which for some reason the assistant referee chose to ignore, and because it was a cynical foul should have been a yellow card, & probably would have resulted in a try which would have made it two tries to zit.
So mudskipper, just be thankful your Brumbies got away with the bonus point

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies hand in the scrum at their 5 metre mark just before full time that pulled the ball out that allowed them to kick it upfield was a lifesaver for the moment for the Brumbies.
That was a professional foul which for some reason the assistant referee chose to ignore, and because it was a cynical foul should have been a yellow card, & probably would have resulted in a try which would have made it two tries to zit.
So mudskipper, just be thankful your Brumbies got away with the bonus point

The problem with these arguments is that then I could bring out all those other ruck infringements that Walsh missed that could've potentially resulted in a penalty, or a yellow card or some other hypothetical bullshit blah blah blah blah so then the Reds were lucky to win blah blah blah...

Who cares... the result is already there... wasn't this game last week?

Reds won, Brumbies lost... close game... shit game... could've gone either way at the end... the end.

W

What2040

The problem with these arguments is that then I could bring out all those other ruck infringements that Walsh missed that could've potentially resulted in a penalty, or a yellow card or some other hypothetical bullshit blah blah blah blah so then the Reds were lucky to win blah blah blah...

Who cares... the result is already there... wasn't this game last week?

Reds won, Brumbies lost... close game... shit game... could've gone either way at the end... the end.

Agree Slim, particularly your last line BUT often the infringement at a ruck or maul is a discretionary thing decided in the eye of the beholder (Ref) - a very and often subjective decision. The hand in the scrum is a blatant foul and the Assistant Referee should have at least picked that up

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I know its hard to fathom that a team so young could be a championship side, but its the facts..
No that should read "they were a champion side". The Reds are currently sitting in 8th position, far from being champions.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Pfft. No one is the champion of a tournament that isn't finished. The reds are the reigning champions. The brumbies are contenders.
Never said anything about the Brumbies. The crusaders are what I would call a champion side, the Reds are merely title holders.

T

TOCC

No that should read "they were a champion side". The Reds are currently sitting in 8th position, far from being champions.

Haha it's not over till the fat lady sings..
Champ...(no pun intended)

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Never said anything about the Brumbies. The crusaders are what I would call a champion side, the Reds are merely title holders.

To be fair the Reds are the current Champs and worthy title holders... Can they make it 2 finals we'll see...

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I was only pointing out that I didn't think that the Reds were the side they were last year. Very touchy boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.