• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 1st April, GIO

Alex Ross (28)
Ripping the bandaid off as a Tahs fan - unfortunately no high profile returns from the injury ward I don't think, suspect we will field a largely similar 23 to that v the Chiefs. Brumbies will no doubt look a fair bit different to the side they sent out against the 'Saders.
I believe Jorgenson and Harrison are likely to return. After his hard running I’d be happy to see Harry Wilson consign Nadolo to the tackle bag also.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I believe Jorgenson and Harrison are likely to return. After his hard running I’d be happy to see Harry Wilson consign Nadolo to the tackle bag also.
Yeah I saw they were booked to return for this game, don't think it will make much difference the way we're playing - Brumbies will do us over again

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah I saw they were booked to return for this game, don't think it will make much difference the way we're playing - Brumbies will do us over again
I’m quietly confident (or delusional, take your pick). Back played like they had just met because it was first games for a lot of them. But I think they muscled up well against a team last year that routinely bullied them. I think it will turn around.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I’m quietly confident (or delusional, take your pick). Back played like they had just met because it was first games for a lot of them. But I think they muscled up well against a team last year that routinely bullied them. I think it will turn around.
Gee, an optimistic Tahs supporter is a bit of a novelty. Nice to have, but I think we are going to have to wait till at least after the bye to see any upturn. What we can expect to see is a very solid defensive effort and a loss by 5-10. If we get that, considering our injury list, I will be satisfied. A win in Canberra has only happened once in the last ten years - it didn't even happen in 2014. The team right now just needs time to consolidate its gameplay and get a few players back (particularly ball-runners).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I expect one of Frost or Neville to be rested this week, probably Nick Frost. Will be interesting to see if Nic White comes back into the starting lineup or if Bernie will go with Ryan Lonergan to start.

The likely side will be something like :

1. Slipper
2. L Lonergan
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Swain
5. Neville
6. Valetini
7. Brown (or Scott)
8. Samu

9.White
10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Tua
13. Ikitau
14. Muirhead
15. T Wright

16. Ulugia
17. Schoupp
18. Van Nek
19. J Wright
20. Scott/Brown
21. R Lonergan
22. Debreczini
23. Sapsford

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Besides Frost that is as strong a line up as can be put out there. I rate Brown at 7 and think he gives the team a really hard egde.

Being at GIO with the Tahs seemingly floundering I think 30/17 to the Brumbies. Maybe the Tahs can get away with a BP then hope to get some BP wins down the back end of the season... We love to talk about how good it is to have multiple play makers in the Tahs squad but I'm wondering if the splitting of time in pre season may be hurting them unlike the Rebels who knew exactly who was the 10

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1680127032815.png

Waratahs:
1680127114392.png

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Van Nek filling in at hooker! I believe he's done it before but I don't remember when, not sure if it was against men or in age grade rugby.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Van Nek filling in at hooker! I believe he's done it before but I don't remember when, not sure if it was against men or in age grade rugby.
He played Hooker a fair bit for Easts in the Hospital Cup and filled in there for a match earlier this year so it's not new for him. Great versatility to have in the squad.

Alex Ross (28)
Gleeson misses another, how serious is his injury?
Still a few weeks

Players unavailable for selection: Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Archer Holz – Ribs (Round 8+) Charlie Gamble – Shoulder (Round 9+) Hugh Sinclair – Shoulder (Round 8+) Lachie Swinton – Neck (Round 8) Langi Gleeson – Calf (Round 8+) Mahe Vailanu – Knee (Round 8+) Mosese Tuipulotu – Knee (Round 8+) Tane Edmed – Back (Round 8+) Tiaan Tauakipulu – Knee (Round 8+) Will Harrison - Toe (Round 8)

Players Available for Shute Shield Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs) Sateki Latu (Warringah) Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs) Zane Marolt (Eastern Suburbs)

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Still a few weeks

Players unavailable for selection: Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Archer Holz – Ribs (Round 8+) Charlie Gamble – Shoulder (Round 9+) Hugh Sinclair – Shoulder (Round 8+) Lachie Swinton – Neck (Round 8) Langi Gleeson – Calf (Round 8+) Mahe Vailanu – Knee (Round 8+) Mosese Tuipulotu – Knee (Round 8+) Tane Edmed – Back (Round 8+) Tiaan Tauakipulu – Knee (Round 8+) Will Harrison - Toe (Round 8)

Players Available for Shute Shield Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs) Sateki Latu (Warringah) Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs) Zane Marolt (Eastern Suburbs)
All this injury crisis in recent times makes me think, how strong is Michael Hooper's body. 159 Super Rugby games and 121 international caps and he's only 31. His longest absence was due to psychological problems

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
All this injury crisis in recent times makes me think, how strong is Michael Hooper's body. 159 Super Rugby games and 121 international caps and he's only 31. His longest absence was due to psychological problems
With his games in Japan during his season away, he would be approaching 300 professional games. There wouldn’t be more than a handful of Aussies that have achieved that.