• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Blues, Sat May 21, 2022, Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'd be happy if they just applied the laws fairly and consistently. Apparently that is too much to expect.
I suspect I would be more inclined to say you would be happy to see the laws applied as you think they should be. I can assure you plenty of Blues fans are spewing too, and I say to them what I say to the other moaning form other side, harden up and admit you only seeing what suits you!!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I suspect I would be more inclined to say you would be happy to see the laws applied as you think they should be. I can assure you plenty of Blues fans are spewing too, and I say to them what I say to the other moaning form other side, harden up and admit you only seeing what suits you!!
Man you're a broken record...

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Definitely not the highest quality match but I enjoyed the sheer physicality of it all.

> Brumbies were very physical and niggly. Pls bring that shit against the Crusaders for 85 minutes in that likely semifinal. Just keep White on the whole time until he explodes and tries to fight a tight forward 700 times his size and mass
> Blues reserve forwards were crucial in fixing the scrum issues and upping the general physicality. Feel like they could've entirely avoided that squeaky bum session at the end by going for territory instead of taking the three. Hopefully Papalii learns from the experience. It's not a situation I'd want to experience live against the Crusaders...
> Officiating clearly hated whoever was defending
> Regardless of the above point, like Ardie and Sex Pest Smith before him, Ala'alatoa deserves a slap for immediately whinging about the officials on the broadcast
> Related, Justin Harrison is rapidly approaching Phil Kearns levels of tears. It's quite impressive how fast he's done it tbh
> Therefore, motion to rename the Phil Kearns tear dam
> Unrelated to GAGR, but I look forward to the next level of mental gymnastics from the Roar and Un Zud media comments sections about how the Blues still need to prove themselves this year
> Related to GAGR, enable bullet points ffs

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) went very well in what wouldve been the highest level of rugby he's every played. Still needs to stop scragging pricks by the neck though. FFS that was the most obvious YC in rugby history

Perofuture bottling those 2 easy kicks was a huge ffs for his next level aspirations.

giphy.gif

"Caleb Clarke tore his hamstring? It's ok, the
All Blacks still have the incredibly evasive and
elusive George Bridge for the Ireland series....."

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) went very well in what wouldve been the highest level of rugby he's every played. Still needs to stop scragging pricks by the neck though. FFS that was the most obvious YC in rugby history

Perofuture bottling those 2 easy kicks was a huge ffs for his next level aspirations.

giphy.gif

Yeah man he was channelling some proper mungo energy when he got away with that one. Clear as fuckin day.

Dude is dynamite in contact though.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I’m a neutral in this game, FWIW.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
> Related, Justin Harrison is rapidly approaching Phil Kearns levels of tears. It's quite impressive how fast he's done it tbh
> Therefore, motion to rename the Phil Kearns tear dam
He's barely at a lachrymose trickle now.

He needs YEARS of consistent, concentrated crying before he approaches the reservoired level of Phil Kearns Dam of Shattered Dreams.

Fairly sure he'll be fired/arrested again before he ever makes it that far.

TL/DR;YEARS.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He's barely at a lachrymose trickle now.

He needs YEARS of consistent, concentrated crying before he approaches the reservoired level of Phil Kearns Dam of Shattered Dreams.

Fairly sure he'll be fired/arrested again before he ever makes it that far.

TL/DR;YEARS.
At least Kearns actually suited punditry to some extent and was pretty decent when he started out. Justin Harrison has been terrible from the get go.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
> Brumbies were very physical and niggly.
It required a constant effort from the Blues to keep them from nicking ruck ball. They are unrelenting and unremitting. Dont know why everyone is having a cry about the penalty count, ACT were trying anything by fair means or foul to keep the Blues attack at bay. As they should be.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

giphy.gif

Clarke probably a bigger loss for the ABs than the Blues. ABs need his punch in attack from structured play, Blues can continue to basketball it between the big loosies just fine without him.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Definitely not the highest quality match but I enjoyed the sheer physicality of it all.
It was the average 6 nations game. I suspect that the England Series would be something similar so I'd pick 80% of Brumbies starting XV with some reinforcers from Tahs and Reds

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems unlikely
There is mate, they were disgusted supposedly how Murphy let Brumbies slow down ball etc, and see things that they imagine was hurting their team. Who'd of thunk huh, people seeing the same thing and having different opinions!
Personally I thought he missed a couple of things, but didn't favour either side.
Which is about normal in any game.

Status
Not open for further replies.