• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Kings - Super Rugby R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Kings: 15 George Whitehead, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Waylon Murray, 12 Andries Strauss (captain), 11 Ronnie Cooke, 10 Demetri Catrakilis, 9 Nicolas Vergallo, 8 Cornell du Preez, 7 Wimpie van der Walt, 6 Devin Oosthuizen, 5 Rynier Bernardo, 4 Steven Sykes, 3 Grant Kemp, 2 Hannes Franklin, 1 Schalk Ferreira

Substitutes: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Kevin Buys, 18 David Bulbring, 19 Jacques Engelbrecht, 20 Shaun Venter, 21 Marcello Sampson, 22 Elric van Vuuren

Why the Highlights are they who didn't play last week ?

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are the reasons for so many changes? Players back from injury?
I hardly know any of the kings players.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Brumbies

1. Ben Alexander
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Dan Palmer
4. Peter Kimlin
5. Etienne Oosthuizen
6. Ben Mowen
7. George Smith
8. Fotu Auelua
9. Nic White
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Joe Tomane
12. Pat McCabe
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Robbie Coleman

16. Stephen Moore
17. Scott Sio
18. Sam Carter
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Andrew Smith
22. Zack Holmes

Hey do you have a source for this or are you some sort of insider? I'm only new around here!

Thundercat

Frank Row (1)
i think its great that Lilo gets a run at #10, would love to see him in contention for more than just one gold jersey

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting what'll happen after this game, no doubt Lealiifano and McCabe are going to look really good against the Kings.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
However captain Ben Mowen laughed when asked if the 18-Test Wallaby inside centre would be feeling the nerves in his first Super Rugby game since fracturing his neck in the 2012 Wallabies spring tour to Europe.
"No, nope. Anyone who's seen Patty carrying a ball would know that there's no nerves about him in terms of contact,'' Mowen said.
"His biggest strength is in how direct he is as a player and a defender.''
McCabe's return to inside centre will push Lealiifano to flyhalf and give the impressive Matt To'omua a rest after three weeks of bruising South African encounters.
Start of sidebar.

End of sidebar.
''(To'omua) could have played this week if I really wanted to push him through. It's more just making sure we get him 100 per cent spot-on going forward,'' White said.

"The reason that I've picked (Lealiifano) this week as well is to enable Wallabies selectors to see that he is versatile enough to be in match-day 22s.''

T

tranquility

Just curious, I am a massive Taps fan - but feel that Lilo must be pounding down that door.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies

1. Ben Alexander
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Dan Palmer
4. Peter Kimlin
5. Etienne Oosthuizen
6. Ben Mowen
7. George Smith
8. Fotu Auelua

Is this the Brumbies' biggest pack? Alexander > Sio, Siliva = Moore, Kimlin > Fardy, and Oosthuizen > Carter.

I expect the Brumbies to play a more running game with Christian at 10, but good to see Nic back to take the penalty kicks for line.

Status
Not open for further replies.