• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Lions. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nick what happen Boet? Final score and did the Lion scrum held towards the end? Any bonus point for the BumBoys?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I fully agree. That last play did it for me, if nothing earlier had. Ball in hands, FFS. Let the piggies do it - they got closer on more occasions. The Reds backs look so much more threatening.
Mortlock also looks to be making up the numbers this year - very un-Morty really. Shame.
Valentine was just execrable. Truly awful.

PB - Lions scrum got better after first half debacle, no bonus point at the end. Sorry, I know I'm not Nick, but take my word for it, Oom.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
I couldn't the live coverage on the net in time. Sounds ilke Gits was crap, but what about the other wallabies; ACC, Smith, Elsom, etc?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) average at best, Gits less than that, Smith had moments, but overall below his high standards. Elsom did OK. Really, few Brumbies would want any of that in their highlights reel.
I don't think I'm being harsh here?

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm trying not to say to much until the anger settles but how the Brumbies didn't comprehensively outplay a 2nd string Lions outfit I think speaks for itself.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Steve Walsh handling of that game was very poor. missing stuff left right and centre. The loins should have had at least three players in the bin and commit too many cinical fouls. poor stuff.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oom - Lions scrum got stronger toward the end but they only just managed to get level. The first 25 minutes they took a beating and Heinke and Hannes really stood up.

What was interesting for me is that the Lions knew they were in trouble - when Buys got his yellow, they took Chavhanga off the field rather than either of the flankers. Good faith in the backline defence, but the conditions (wet and bloody miserable) called for it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
louie said:
Steve Walsh handling of that game was very poor. missing stuff left right and centre. The loins should have had at least three players in the bin and commit too many cinical fouls. poor stuff.
This is surprising, what did they do to deserve three yellows?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
PaarlBok said:
louie said:
This is surprising, what did they do to deserve three yellows?

Consistently diving into the when ruck close to the line. Killed the ball whenever they got close.

C

chief

Walsh should have produced a card for the Penalty Try, a cynical offense that prevents a try is a yellow card. I think it's even in the law book too, it's not just a recommended sanction.

Also to add, was that really a penalty try. I could dispute that, another yellow card but not a PT

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
chief said:
Also to add, was that really a penalty try. I could dispute that, another yellow card but not a PT

100% yes. Because of theammount of resets that happened about 5min before hand and it was clear that the lions where trying to stop a try.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Thank God for the free food and drink and undercover seating at that match!

On Steve Walsh, there 2 incidents he let go after being advised by his assistant 'Vincent' ,as he kept calling him, that should have led to Brumbies points. On one occasion, 'the whole backline is offside' when the Brumbies were attacking and another where 'red has their hands all over it' which magically appeared on their side.

It was a tough game and I have seen him give a yellow and penalty try in the one go before involving the Brumbies before, but it was against Lealiifano - Newlands 2008.

C

chief

Brumby Jack said:
Thank God for the free food and drink and undercover seating at that match!

On Steve Walsh, there 2 incidents he let go after being advised by his assistant 'Vincent' ,as he kept calling him, that should have led to Brumbies points. On one occasion, 'the whole backline is offside' when the Brumbies were attacking and another where 'red has their hands all over it' which magically appeared on their side.

It was a tough game and I have seen him give a yellow and penalty try in the one go before involving the Brumbies before, but it was against Lealiifano - Newlands 2008.
Wait, I'm confused who is Vincent?

There should be no debate about it, it is in the law book a yellow card should follow a PT. Joubert hasn't followed it. Come on free play up even more.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Vincent was the touchie.
i think they all should called vincent from now on. it makes me giggle.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
WTF????

In any case - I think I said somewhere else that the penalty try was the right call, but it should have been Baywatch for losing his bind early, not the scrumhalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.